My story

That is my wolf pack. And I'm the one standing off to the side. Well except that's not me or my pack but the idea applies.

I'm not popular and I'm overweight. I'm extremely shy. I don't fit in with everyone else.

I woke up to my iPod blaring the annoying alarm tone that I had set. I hit the snooze button, and again until it was almost time to catch the bus.

I was panicking and another thought hit me, it's mating season. Well for the next two weeks it is. I grabbed my jeans and my comfy shirt, after I changed into those I pulled my socks and favorite pair of shoes, well actually my only pair. I also grabbed the hoodie that I never leave the house without.

I looked at the time. I sighed, I misread the time I still have like twenty minutes. I got my backpack and sat down at the kitchen table. To watch videos until it was time to leave.

I eventually left the house and when I did I pulled my hoodie on, and put the hood up. Thank god that it was still snowy outside. In my pack it is almost illegal to hide during mating season. It starts February first and ends on Valentine's Day.

Most of everyone hates me because I am overweight and I'm also a runt. I know that this doesn't really make sense but it happened. Really, it's weird in my human form I am taller than most people at about 5' 7". The main reason I hide and shy away for the next two weeks is that I don't want to find my mate. I'll just end up like all the other she wolves, pregnant and bare foot making dinner for my mate. I guess it's not that bad but I just can't stand the idea, that's not who I am.

Besides no real male wolf would ever want me. Fat and a runt yep, perfect right? Nope I'll just be rejected. two years ago I had a friend who had found her mate but he didn't want her. So he rejected her. She cried nonstop for a week and then got more and more depressed. Eventually she killed herself. I don't want that.

I made it down to the bus stop and I got on the bus when it pulled up. I sat there with my headphones in listening to music for a while until I had actually made it to my smaller school. The town I live in has two high schools. The larger one and the smaller one. I was lucky and got accepted to the smaller one.

I opened the door and walked down the steps to get to my first class. Sitting down in my seat, I put my head down on the desk and closed my eyes. This whole half hour before school thing is pretty nice. Apparently I fell asleep because the second bell rang and I sat up and stared at the desk for a good couple of minutes.

I eventually got started on my project and class was let out for second hour then third and eventually fourth. I sat there through the day just doodling. Of course my work is done, I have no friends.

Class let out for lunch and I was grateful, I sat in the stairwell where nobody goes. I usually just watch videos on my phone but today I am tired and hiding. So I get really covered by my hoodie and lean back into the corner. I might actually be lucky today but I don't know about tomorrow because the late transfers are coming in. At the moment we are twenty students short of our limit.

That's a possibility of ten guys that could be my mate and I'm not excited.