Needles

Joyce looked over back at Salad Fingers , he's looked better. He appeared to be lost in his mind for the time being. She sighed and went back to the photos on the ground. "Looks like we're here!" Shouted one of the men.
Joyce looked up from the truck to see a wall, a large wall. It was grey with vines growing all over it. One of the military men walked up to the door and knocked on it twice. A few moments later the gates opened and the truck rolled in.
Inside, it looked like a whole small town, there were some more humans there as well. Not many, probably about 20-40 of them. But they were alive! The truck stopped at a small white building where they were instructed to get off and go inside. She did as she was told, grabbing Salad Fingers by the hands as he did. Apparently the white building was a hospital of some sorts. There were a few doctors and 2 nurses in there. Ins-ide Salad Fingers and Joyce were taken to the same room with pink walls and black flower designs. "Wow! This place is so wonderful, wouldn't you say?"?she asked turning to Salad.
He just nodded.
Joyce frowned. "Are....are you okay? You've been acting strange lately." Joyce replied scooting over to Salad Fingers.
He eyes peeked up a bit as he looked at her. "I-I'm doing quite well....never been b-better."
Joyce gave him a questioning look, but he didnt say anything more. Just as that happened a female nurse walked in. She was fairly plump lady with curly brown hair and rosy cheeks. She smiled at Joyce, but not so much at Salad Fingers. "Hello, my name is Nurse Patty, I'm here to make sure you guys haven't been infected by the recent, outbreak..."
Joyce peeked up. "What outbreak?"
The nurse looked down at her clipboard. "It's called Hostilia its were a virus takes over a certain part of the brain which causes, homicidal tendencies, lack of speech, and weird body formations.."
Joyce's face dropped, she looked over at Salad Fingers, who was staring at the woman oddly. (Probably contemplating if the woman was real or not.) She suspected that the nurse might think that Salad Fingers had that disease. "Now I have some questions for you, all you have to do is answer them, and then we'll run a test in your blood!" She said, a little too happy.
Joyce nodded, scared. She was never fond of needles. Blood though didn't bother her, after all she was friends with a butcher.
"Okay first question, what are your birth parents names?"
Joyce answered quickly, "David Bonacelly and Barbra Bonacelly!"
The nurse nodded and wrote something down, she then turned to Salad. He was frozen. "U-uh....I c-can't r-r-remember."
"Ohhhh Kay, next question. Please state a sentence from your original language."
Joyce frowned, she didn't really know much of her own language. She thought it was kinda stupid for this to be a question. "Uhhh...Mon nom est Joyce...?"
The nurse smiled and nodded then went to Salad Fingers.
He opened his mouth proudly. "J'aime cuillères rouillées."
The nurse flinched at him, obviously surprised by his fluent French.
"Okay last one, have you KILLED anybody before...? Be honest, I can tell when you lie."
Joyce's eyes widened. "Umm, well....I did," the nurse gasped. "I was walking in the waste land and a mutant thing attacked me. So I stabbed it, then I ate it's.....flesh ."
The nurse looked pale, she wrote something on her clipboard and glanced at Salad probably waiting to get the same answer. "Of course I-I didn't, I-I would n-never do such a d-deed!" Salad retorted.
Nurse Patty smiled weakly and nodded, she left the room looking oddly weaker and lifeless.

About five minutes later she came back in with two empty needles. "Okay now I just need a blood sample from you both and I'll send you on your way." She said rolling up Salad Fingers sleeve.
She dabbed it with some chemicals and stuck the needle in, extracting an
almost black red liquid. Joyce jumped at this, especially when a small moan escaped his lips.
Then the nurse went to Joyce, she wiped her arm with chemicals and stuck the needle in. Joyce yelped in pain. That's when Salad Fingers took notice of this. He saw that the nurse was hurting Joyce, something caused a new feeling to explode inside him.

Pure rage

When the nurse finally took the needle out, Salad did the unspeakable, he slapped the nurse in the face.