"Promise"

As much as she looked at the photo she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Feeling defeated by the photo she shoved it in her pocket and continued home. Once she got there she came to a halt. She knew that salad would think weird of Harry so she knew he couldn't come inside. "Um Harry... I'm sorry but I don't think you can follow me into the house."
Harry was motionless, but nodded his head in agreement. Joyce smiled sadly and gave a quick side hug to the armless man.  He nudged her and then walked away into the sunset. (Lol)
Joyce sighed and walked into the small shack Salad Fingers called home. It was quiet and she didn't see Salad either. She set down her knife, the photo, and the carriage with Gerald on the floor and walked around. From there she heard the strangest noise (there's a lot of strange noises in this story) coming from somewhere in the house. It sounded like quiet gasps for air. It almost sounded like....crying. Joyce got slightly more worried and walked around a bit faster. Soon it became louder, the crying was coming from a small door in the house. It reminded her of a safety cupboard her family used to have in THEIR house. Not really knowing what to do she knocked on it first.

No answer.

Joyce, now scared, flung open the door to the small room and found, of course, Salad Fingers huddled in a ball crying. Not wanting to speak Joyce rushed over to him in a panic.
At that moment Salad had already looked up to see her. "I-I tho-thought you l-left me..." He choked, gasping between words.
Joyce shook her head, and Salad changed his voice to a more feminine approach "I w-would never leave you, Joyce replied..."
Joyce nodded quickly "P-promise....?" Salad said.
Joyce couldn't bare to hold in her words, and with a quiet sweet voice she said.

"I promise....."

CLIFFHANGER
DUN DUN DUUUUUN!!!!!!