Chapter 1: New Student

"I love sarcasm. Its like punching people in the face but with words."
Unknown

     It's been almost a year since the whole Masked Man thing went down. I’m in Highschool now. And let's just say that the only problem is the amount of times I get bullied in one day. It's crazy! But if you learn how to ignore them like me, they just give up on ya eventually. The only reason they bully me is because they want me to punch them in the face so they have an excuse to get me in trouble.
     My three friends, Rachel, Caitlin, and Michelle joined me as we were walking down the hall to leave school. It was the end of the day and we were getting ready to leave the school. It was a rather slow day. I was listening to music when Michelle pulled one of the ear buds out of my ear. "Hey!" She said. "Are you listening?"
     "Not at all." I answered. She sighed.
     "What do I expect?" Michelle says. Rachel adds on.
     "I was saying that it's been a year since that incident! I feel like something should happen to us again." I take out my other ear bud and pause the song on my phone.
     "That's true. If i'm being honest, it's been a year yet it feels like it has only been a few weeks." I say while putting my phone in my bag.
     "Oh God..." Rachel says. "We got company." The school bully was standing in front of us. Her name was Cassie. But everyone called her Sassy because of her attitude. She was definitely the most annoying, jerky, bitchy, chick ever. It was basically my goal in life to just go a solid 24 hours without seeing her.
     "Well if it isn't Bitchface McGee." I say sarcastically. There was already a group of people surrounding us. Practically everyone knew how much we hated each other. I heard some people laugh at the comment that I made.
     "Well i'm glad that you're finally talking about yourself!" Cassie says.
     "You know, why are you even here talking to me? You're wasting precious time in your life to talk to someone you hate. This is literally the YouTube comment section." A couple of guys start laughing at the comeback.
     "I honestly don't know why you three hang out with her..." She points to my friends. "You even dumber than her if you think it's safe to get close to her."
     "You know you can talk crap about me all you want, but you better not talk crap about my friends. Just leave them out of this." I say seriously. She smirks.
     "How long ago was it? 1 year ago? That was when she died right?" I look away from her and stared at the ground. My hand starts twitching. "Everyone knows about it. Don't try to hide it."
     "I'm not trying to hide it. I just refuse to talk about it." My hair covers my eyes. Suddenly the bell goes off. This bell basically meant 'Get the fuck outta here now' so everyone that was crowded around us left as well as Cassie. I just stood there for a few moments.
     "Sophia...?" Caitlin asks worriedly. I ignore her and start walking.
     Once i'm done shoving a bunch of my text books into my locker Rachel asks me. "Are you okay?"
     "Me? Yea! I'm fine!" I answer with a smile.
     "Okay then..." She says. Of course she was still worried. The two of us, with Caitlin and Michelle behind us started walking to my place.
     "And that's why I should not be allowed at grocery stores." I say, while finishing my story.
     "Jesus Christ Sophia." Caitlin says. We all laugh slightly. We were taking the long but quiet way to my place. It was kind of like a secret. Only so many people knew about this route. Caitlin starts telling another random story about her siblings. We were all listening until I started coughing. At first it was fine, but when the coughing started getting stronger, Caitlin stopped her story. They all noticed how badly I was coughing.
     "You okay?" Michelle asks. But I kept coughing. Then something came up. When I finished having a coughing attack I looked at my hand where I was coughing to see a little bit of blood on my hand. Michelle notices, and flips out like a worried mother.
     "Sophia!" She says.
     “What the hell!?” Rachel says.
     "I'm fine..!" I say while wiping my hand on my jeans.
     “No your not kid!” Caitlin yells. “Are you feeling okay?” I folded my arms and hunched forwards towards the ground.
     “Yea I guess.” I said quietly. I picked up the pace and ran ahead of my friends. Which meant I clearly wanted to not talk about this. How the hell does that just happen? Last I checked that doesn't happen to a normal human! Oh wait…
     We finally made it to my place and my mom already had dinner ready. We were sitting at the dining table when Rachel spoke. "Oh! Did you guys know that we are getting a new student in our 1st period on Monday?"
     "Really?" I ask.
     "Yea." Rachel says. "Ya know. If i'm being honest. Other than the fact that it's badass, the best part about your ability is that the four of us were forcefully put into the same classes."
     "Well the 'elected officials' made you guys have the same classes as me, in case I 'go off' or something… Dicks dont trust me I guess..." We all laugh. Suddenly I get a bad feeling in my chest. Like someone had just kick a soccer ball full force onto my chest. "I'll be right back." I say while getting up to walk over to my bathroom. None of my friends questioned it. I guess I'm a decent liar at times. Locking the door behind me, I leaned my head against the wall and grab my chest. It was then I realized that I was panting. My chest felt like there was so much pressure on it. "I-I can barely breathe..." I say to myself. Taking a deep breath, I stand straight up. After I finally was able to breathe normally again I sighed. "Okay... What the hell?" I say.
     Ring! The first period bell went off. We were finally going to find out who our new student was. I wasn't too excited. The chances of this new student hating me or being scared of me was extremely high. We all sat down in our desk. "Settle down class! Today we have a new student!" Our teacher said. Everyone was quiet. The teacher opened the door and the new student walked in. He was wearing a black shirt with a blue leather jacket over it with a pair of jeans and some Nike shoes. He also had his hair combed back... My eyes widened. I knew who this was. My friends and I looked at eachother with our eyes widened. I wanted to punch this kid so hard. I wanted to scream and kick something… Preferably the new student here... "Everyone," Our teacher began "This is Mike Sanchez. Our new student starting today." The son of a bitch is still alive?! How?! And how come no one here remembers him?! There is at least 2 people (not including my friends) that should remember him! Hell I bet he was on the news too when I disappeared! Everyone in this damn class should be screaming! Mike walks towards me and sits in the open seat behind me. As he walked over he glared at me with a smirk. I stared back at him. I probably should have made a evil face but instead I stared at him with eyes wide I was so shocked. I folded my arms and leaned back in my chair. The teacher started talking to us but all I could hear was Mike behind me saying,
"Guess who's back?"