Chapter 8 - Christmas Eve

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!! Sorry if this might be a little late, but what can I say, I'm little Ms. Lazy Bones( and I had to leave to a place with no wifi, so not exactly my fault.)

Now Enjoy the words my little potatoes...

__________

It was Christmas eve, and my birthday. Yesterday went like this, shopping, shopping, more shopping, coming home and going straight to sleep. What really disappointed me was that Derek didn't come along yesterday, but I was also happy that he stayed home with his injuries.

I'm sure all that time he was smirking yesterday, he was really just trying to hide his pain. I know I know, such a cliché thing to say, but it's probably true. All day yesterday I was imagining him laying in bed and calling all of his butlers and maids, just to pull him out of bed and helping him into his bathroom.

I laughed at the thought. Nah, he probably would have died before asking anyone but me. Electric bubbles rose from the pit of my stomach to the top of my chest. NO. GO AWAY, I DON'T LIKE HIM. THAT'S STOCKHOLM SYNDROME!!

"I DON'T LIKE HIM!!" I yell at my wall. It's only been like two days, how could I like that fart face? Doesn't a crush take like a year to develop? Not to forget, he's a guy.

"Ughhhh." I groaned, flopping on my bed face first. I was in my room, and it was almost eight o'clock at night. Chanelle had gotten me a new black dress shirt to wear with jeans. I didn't want to wear it, but she said I would never get a girlfriend that way. I told her I had one in elementary school, but she gave me an 'are you kidding me' face.

She also said she would come by and give me a "makeover", without telling me why. Every time I asked why, she just shushed me. I finally gave in and she skipped away.

"Probably some birthday surprise." I mumbled to myself still laying face down on the bed. I sat up and let my legs hang over the side. A knock on my door aroused me from my day dreaming and I went to open it.

"Hey, ready for a makeover?" Chanelle asked. I nodded my head. She smiled big and closed the door behind her. "All we really need to do for you is some eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss, maybe eye shadow, Idunno, We'll see." She said sarcastically and dropped a box on my bed, and opened it, a couple of things falling out.

She was wearing a sparkly white mermaid style dress, with a matching purse and heels.

"Okay, where to start..." she said. I sighed.

--------------------

She was finally done doing my makeover, and it was nine thirty. She looked me up and down and put two thumbs up while winking.

"Now that's what I call art." She said. I blushed a little. She chuckled and patted me on the head. "I really did miss you Angel." I smiled and hugged her.

"As did I." I replied. She pulled back and held my shoulders. All she really did was mess with my hair and ended up deciding it would be good to spike it, but it was too long so she just let it be.

"Mascara, eyeliner, and blush was all we needed after all." She giggled sarcastically and took my arm in hers. "Lets go, you Angel." I nodded with a smile and we walked out the door and down the long hallway. We came to the stairs to go down stairs, and I flashbacked to Derek and I falling down them.

I gulped and walked down them with her, she not missing a beat. We walked into a huge dining room. I tried not to gape at it, but I still wasn't used to the whole mansion thing.

Chanelle sat down at the long table, and I sat next to her. I was sitting right next to the large chair at the end of the table, which I guessed was for Derek. I sat there for a good five minutes before Derek came in. He waved at us and sat down next to me.