Chapter 19 - The Morning After

I ached, almost everywhere. I wasn't fully awake, but I recollected everything from yesterday. It might seem as if it wasn't that strenuous for me, but it was. I felt sensitive and slightly raw, but I regretted nothing. A first time for everything, something that has never sounded more relative to my situation. I groaned as I felt an arm snake around me.

"I knew you weren't sleeping. So tell me, waffles or pancakes?" he asked. I groaned again and felt my stomach grumble. After we, uh, intertwined ourselves in a grueling workout, we barely ate anything. We snacked on junk, nothing filling for the most part.

"Both. Is it just me or do you feel like you've been run over by a truck named Derek?" I responded. He chuckled and pulled me tightly into his bare chest. He breathed on my ear, making me shudder.

"You're too delicate, maybe I should make it rougher and train you." I gasped and tried to wiggle out of his grasp.

"You shall never take me alive!" I said, still stuck in his embrace. He laughed and worked his way above me, pushing me against the bed.

"I believe that statement is a little overdue." He leaned forward and pecked my lips, giving me a smirk I couldn't help but smile back at. "Good morning to you too." He got off of me and headed towards his dresser, pulling out some jeans and a gray V-neck. I pushed his wonderfully warm comforter off, slipping out of the bed and heading towards him. I slipped my arms around his torso, leaning my head into his back. He peeled my arms off of him, turning around and embracing me.

"Yes my Angel?" he asked. I looked up and smiled. I tried my best to reach him on my toes, kissing him on the lips.

"I think I'll meet you downstairs, I need to get dressed and stuff."

"What? You look great in my shirt and your underwear. I don't think anyone will mind." I laughed.

"I mind. Ever heard of common decency? I'll be down soon enough. Since my body is broken it's going to take longer than usual, but surely you'll wait. Maybe you should just install an elevator." I slipped out of his grasp only to be pulled back in.

"Nah, it's too fun to watch you suffer. Sure you want waffles and pancakes?" he asked. I escaped successfully and started to walk away as I responded, "Yes, definitely. Oh, and-" Too late, my foot magically tripped somehow and my face met his closed door. It took me a second to come back, but once I did I hissed in pain and rubbed my face. I heard stifled chuckling behind me as I was pulled up off the carpet.

I didn't turn as he spoke, just clenched my fists and took a better step forward and opened the door.

"I-I'm sorry... but... You o-okay?" he managed between laughs. I grunted and walked out the door, hearing laughter ripple out behind me. I was more embarrassed than anything. I didn't feel blood pooling from my face, but that hurt a lot. Gravity sucks over nine thousand percent. I descended the stairs and made it into my room before I roared in pain. I cupped my face in agony as something fluffy disturbed my ankles. I waited for the pain to dissipate before scooping Max up, missing him more than I care to mention.

I quickly got dressed in a hoodie and shorts, trying to manage the severe bedhead I had acquired. I left it be and decided to let Max follow me to breakfast. He was going to be here his whole life, he needed to get used to it sometime. I laughed as he rolled down the stairs a little, but he made it in one piece.

 I finally made it to the huge table that Derek sat at with four figures who made me freeze. Why now? Life was just getting good. They all stood as I entered, making me step forward and face them all. Max seized the opportunity and rushed under the table, ignoring the strangers.