Chapter 5 - Accident

I felt gravity pulling me down. My body somehow knew I was falling, but I didn't really know until I saw the shock and terror appear on Derek's face as I started to fall down the long staircase. There had to be at least fifty steps that I was about to die on.

It all felt slow motion as I reached out my hand to grab onto something, anything. Derek jumped for me, his hand grasping my wrist then pulling me to him and wrapping his arms around me. We both fell. Once he wrapped his arms around me and twisted where he was on bottom, my body became stiff.

His grip tightened around me when we hit the stairs. We bumped a few, then went straight to the bottom. His neck was deep in my shoulder. He looked up at me, smiled weakly, then his grip on me loosened and his shiny blue orbs disappeared under his eyelids. I just laid there in shock, my adrenaline still running high speed.

"D-Derek? Are.... are you okay?" I asked in absolute horror. I stared at his face, frozen when I saw something maroon in the corner of my eye. A maid? Butler? No. I looked and saw it trickle farther away from his head.

"Derek?! DEREK!!" I yelled, afraid I might have killed him. I put my ear in front of his mouth, the breaths were almost silent, but they were there. Tears fell down my face quickly. I stood up, looking for anyone to help me.

"HEEELLPPPP!!!" I yelled with a high pitched scream that would have probably broken someone's ear drums. Still Derek didn't stir. The blood was getting farther away and thicker.

"HEELLPPPP!!!" I yelled again, a maid and the old butler coming into view. They stopped for a second, came up the stairs, then the maid went to call an ambulance. I went down on my knees, my face in my hands.

Why was I crying so hard? He wasn't dead. He was almost a random stranger to me. The old butler grabbed his wrist and felt for a pulse. He sighed with a little relief, and grabbed a handkerchief out of his pocket and held it up to Derek's head.

I still cried at a hundred miles per hour. Suddenly a hand grazed my thigh and I looked up, Derek's hand on my knee.

"A-Angel...." He choked. I nodded. He smiled a weak smile. "Don't... forget.... to feed... Lanny." He whispered and closed his eyes again. I took his hand and squeezed it.

"Nonono. Derek. Derek stay awake." I said sadly. My hand was comfortable in his. If I wasn't a little hysterical right now I probably wouldn't have even touched him after what had just happened several minutes earlier.

Lanny? Lanny... was it a pet? Another butler of his? I was to busy making sure he was alive every second to remember the name from my past.

________

Ooohhh, what is going to happen? Find out in the next episode of, Cliff hanger!!

I don't know how many of you got that, but it's off an old show on PBS, some segment where a man has to make a sentence from whatever the theme of the episode was. The show was called Between the Lions. I don't know about you guys, but that was my childhood.

Anyways, hoped you enjoyed this chapter!! I know it was short, but it was all I could think of.

->~<- Sorry.

Please vote or recommend to someone who would enjoy this!!