Chapter Four -- SIX DAYS AGO 10:43 AM

Start from the beginning

     My hand immediately found my left cheek and tried to stop the sting.

     He, then, grabbed a fistful of my hair in his hand and yanked me closer to him. I could feel his lips brush against my ear as he threatened me. "Don't ever do that again."

     I tried pulling away from him, but he tightened his grip.

     "Got it?" His voice was loud in my ear, making me flinch as he spoke.   

     I nodded my head quickly, so quickly that when I stopped, the room was spinning. It almost made me sick again.

     After he let go of my hair, he took a step back, took a moment to think, and then stepped back in front of me, kneeling down on one knee. He made me flinch when he reach up and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

     "Boys, leave me alone with her," he ordered, his eyes not leaving mine. I looked away. "Just want to discuss the ground rules with our guest."

     The two others walked out, shutting the door behind them. My eyes focused on  the door as my heart pounded against my chest. Suddenly, the only thing going through my mind was how I may never see anything outside of that door. I may only see this little room in some basement for the rest of my life.

     A tear skipped down my already wet cheek. I didn't try to swipe it away; he already saw, and I honestly didn't have the energy. Not letting my eyes leave the door knob, he forced my head to face towards him.

     "Now, El -- I can call you that, right?" He asked but didn't give me any time to reply. "Well, El, if I were you I would listen very closely if I wanted to make it back home safely with poor Daddy, okay?"

     My eyes widened at his words. I haven't even thought about how Dad was going through this. Does he even know?

     "Great!" he continued. "So, El, I don't want to hurt you. Trust me, I don't. All I want is for you to cooperate with me and my pals. It's that simple! But I promise you, though, if you make one wrong move, I may not be able to control my anger."

     He went on to explain everything. Obvious stuff, like: if you don't do what I say when I say it...and don't try to go anywhere because every door is either locked or guarded. In every movie or book, the person tries to run but gets caught. The only way I would try is if I knew where at least two of them were, and I knew how to get passed them. I don't even know the layout of this house. With my luck, I would end up at a dead end.

     As he walked back and forth across the room explaining the rules, I watched him, but something caught my eye. An object in the corner that looked like a safe. It was tall and rusty with a big lock on it. To my left, there was an old mattress with a pole next to it. I followed the chain on it to my ankle and bit my lip. That's all. Just a door, a safe, and a mattress with only a sheet to keep warm.

     "Finally," he concluded, raising his irritated voice. "If I'm speaking, your full, undivided attention is on me!"

     Immediately, my eyes were upon his. They looked enraged, lethal.

     "Have you even heard a word I said?" Nothing leaves my mouth. "This is exactly what I mean when I said the wrong move may be worse than anything else! Do you want me to get mad? Huh, do you?"

     I shook my head, pulling my legs up to my chest.

     He seemed to be delighted to see the fear I have of him. No longer mad, he continued with a less aggressive voice.

     "Now, I will be back later after I give some of my..." He smirks.

     I knitted my eyebrows together in confusion and wait for him to continue.

     "...close friends a call. Well, they're more of your friends and not mine." He paused. I suspect he was waiting for me to say something, get terribly mad, but I didn't say anything. I was wondering what he meant by what he said, however I don't really think I wanted to know. "You don't talk much. Do you think they'll even notice you're gone?"

     They will. Tyler saw it happen. He'll go to the police and then to Samantha. They know, they have to.

     "I'll leave you with that to think about," he smirked. Stopping at the  doorway, he turned back to me. "Lights on?"

     I didn't say anything. I was too busy thinking about what was going on at home.

     "I'll take that as a no."

     With that, he turned off the lights and slammed the door. Goosebumps rose all over my body when I heard the door lock. Without them in here, it started to smell more like a basement than a rundown bar.

     I thought maybe if I could fall asleep, I would wake up, and I would be at home in my warm, fluffy bed. The only problem was, I was too scared to sleep because I knew when I would awaken, I would still be here.

וווווווווווווווו×
Hey, guys! Please comment your feedback! Whoever comments what they think, I'll give you a shout-out and I might give someone a dedication!

I'll start a question and answer thing next chapter!

Thanks!! Love you guys!

Shout-outs: unicorn_ways, harrenstylescheesefists

Sorry, there was more shout-outs but for some reason it didn't publish with the chapter, I'll get everyone else next time!