"Than I say let them," I hissed, furious. "Why do we even help them? Why do we stand aside and watch, anyways? No one asked us."

"We were not asked," Gorell reasoned. "We were born with that duty, and I plan to uphold that, and you should too. There will come a time where humans will be as strong as elven kind."

"Humans are weak," I muttered back, "I've seen it, first hand! Be careful not to forget I have lived among men before, Gorell. For more than a hundred years, and I've seen how quickly they die, how quickly they fall victim to greed and weakness. Do not lecture me on strength or weakness, because I know it all too well."

"I do not question your knowledge, I only ask you to change your perspective, Reinya!" Gorell said.

"My perspective is rightly where is should be." I ended the conversation decisively, not allowing for anymore words to pass. If they were spoken, they had been ignored completely.

The ride to Lothlorien was quiet and tense, and in some moments, few and far between, I would sneak a tortured glance at the fallen body of my friend, watching the slow remainders of life slip from the corpse. First, her hair paled to the colour that reminded me of cornsilk, and then her lips started to loose colour.

Then her face.

I had to stop doing that, once we came within fifty yards of the Lothlorien border, as each look reinforced the thought that she was dead, and not coming back. Life had been stripped from her body, and death wasn't so keen on giving it back so quickly, like it had before.

When we entered Lothlorien borders, my breath came to me quickly, the air hissing in and out of my lips, and I noticed the wet trails of tears on my cheeks. I wiped them away quickly, and my cheeks were dry by the time elves from Lothlorien greeted us.

"Who is the fallen one?" One of the elves asked.

I was about to give him a stern look for not knowing she was Elemmire, when I remembered her hair was no longer red. "She is the Princess Elemmire. Her hair is no longer red, as death has faded all the color from her body." I said, looking to the ground.

"How do we know you do not lie?" The other asked, hands tensing around his bow.

Gorell frowned. "I am Prince Gorell of Mirkwood, I would not lie to you," He announced, dismounting his horse, and laying down his bow in front of the guards. He looked to me.

I dismounted as well, and reluctantly placed my boomerang on the ground in front of me. "We ask to speak with the Lady of the Light, if we may," I said as formally as I could.

"And who might you be?" The guards asked.

"I am Reinya, wife of Prince Gorell of Mirkwood." I stated in a shaky voice, trying to keep a straight face. I knew this was not the time for such meddlesome things, but I sounded so stupid!

"Lady Galadriel is busy-"

"I don't care if she's busy!" I yelled, my patience snapping. "Her daughter is dead, and she needs to know, and I wish the words to come from my lips, not yours. It is my fault that the princess is dead, and that task shouldn't be yours to carry."

I stood, and Gorell did too, and the horses carrying Elemmire came up behind us. "Where is Lady Galadriel?" I asked in a hard tone.

"I heard my name," The lady of the light said, stepping out from behind a tree.

I instantly bowed down onto one knee to Lady Galadriel. I heard the rustle of fabric as Gorell did the same. "Lady Galadriel, it is an honor to speak with you inside your home," I said.