Chapter thirty one

Hayley's POV

"You know, any normal person would've let us in by now." I say agitatedly as Reagan simply stares at Christopher humorously. He rolls his eyes once he meets mine but chuckles lightly when he looks back at Christopher. "It's a good thing I'm a werewolf then." He smiles sweetly at me before running a hand through his hair. His hair has always been supper soft and silky, something we oddly have in common although mine doesn't look like it in plain sight. I raise an eyebrow and stare at him, no trace of laughter to be found on my face. He has grown up since graduation. He no longer wears his thick rimed glasses and has become a whole lot stronger. He's now at the highest ranking of fighters in the pack, with me following in suite. I may not look it, but I am it. According to dad, male wolves show full maturity between the ages seventeen to twenty years. He now sits at an average height of 6 ft 1. If anyone we knew a long time ago were to see us now, they'd think he's the older twin instead of me.

"Just let them in already." Anna's voice sounds out from somewhere behind him. I can't really tell where she is with his towering build blocking anything beyond the door frame. Thinking about it now, it really is weird that most males around me could be the size of King Kong if they wanted. Christopher leans down to my ear and whispers. "That's the beauty of it." I don't have to turn my head to tell if he's smirking or not. His  tone speaks for itself. I almost let a giggle slip from the way his breath tickles my ear. Sensing Reagan's discomfort, he nibbles on my ear lobe, the graze of his lips on my skin making me squirm internally.

Reagan growls at Christopher to which he smirks at and places his hand on my waist. I roll my eyes at the both of them. Boys.

Anna suddenly appears from his side and stands in front of him. "Sorry Hails. Someone has decided they would be a butt head today." She adds emphasis on someone and turns slightly to face Reagan momentarily. He smiles sheepishly at her and rests his head at the crook of her neck. His hands wrap around her waist so comfortably as if they've always belonged there. Her eyes roll playfully at him as she slightly pinches his arm. "Hey Christopher." She chuckles slightly when Reagan whimpers in slight pain. She really is dangerous with her fingers. Let's just say it would be wise not to touch her when she's upset. Last Sunday, Reagan finished her favorite chocolate chip cookies and ended up with red fingernail marks all over his upper arm while trying to hug her. "Hey Anna." Christopher chuckles at the couple as his other hand drums on my hip bone.

***

I do a little happy dance in my seat when the mashed potatoes are passed to me. The delicious scent is carried by the steam that sparkles in the sun as it floods into my nostrils. "Don't smile like that sweetie. You look like an evil leprechaun that just stole a pot of gold." Claire states as everyone around the table bursts out in laughter. I smile at her but still blush at the sudden attention from everyone.

Christopher's silent chuckles build up but immediately die down when I slowly turn to him with raised eyebrows. He covers up his laugh with a small cough and reaches out for my hand. I simply slap his hand away before grumbling silently on how I don't resemble a leprechaun. Clearly not getting the message, Christopher's hand settles on the exposed skin at the small of my back and rubs it soothingly as I serve my mash potatoes. I can feel my scowl start to loosen up as he continues with the mollifying action. The tingles dance underneath my skin like mini ballerinas, sinking deep into my spine in a rhythmic manner.

I turn to my left to face him, a false irritated scowl still intact. Christopher gives me a heart stopping smile as one of his fingers rub my now even more exposed skin in circles. His fingers momentarily adjust the placement of the strings, slightly loosening up the zipper. Remind me again why I still own open back clothing? "Because, you look sexy in them." He huskily whispers as my cheeks and ears heat up. My heart beats rapidly. Not only from Christopher's comment but from hopes that father didn't hear what he said.