Chapter fifteen

Hayley's POV

I can hear music blare from the dance studio near the attic. I've just come from training but don't feel as tired because I missed more than half the session arguing with father. That and my body has gotten used to the intense training.

I open the door as moms attention is immediately drawn to where I am. "Hey sweetie. Wanna join me?" She asks, reaching out her arm as she spoke. I smile and hurriedly close the door behind me, not wanting to waste this opportunity. It's been really long since mother and I last danced together. I missed it, truly. Watching her move so with so much passion made me want to do the same and share the moment with her. I take off my training shoes and one sock, seeing as I'll only need one to maneuver around swiftly with the spins.

Suddenly, music blares through the speakers as the cover to la la latch by pentatonix plays. Mother does the routine, amazing me even more with how gentle yet intense she is as every dance move synchronizes with the lyrics. It takes me about two or three repetitions of seeing mother's routine to learn it.

***
I lay on the ground, panting crazily as mom pauses the song and lays beside me on my right side. We turn and face each other. A wide smile is plastered on her face and doesn't seem like it's going to take leave anytime soon. She eyes me for a certain amount of time. Her eyes sparkle with so much curiosity. "What?" I ask, chuckling because seeing her like this reminds me of myself. Mother has this face she uses when trying to draw information out of you that just makes it harder to try and keep anything in. Last time she did this, dad happened to be eavesdropping and found about the tattoo.

"Nothing sweetie." She responds with a joyous tone to her voice. I give her a questioning stare to which she reacts to with a slight giggle. "My little girl is growing up. I just want to savor the moments we have together." She strokes my cheek while speaking. Her eyes sparkle even more than before as she stares at mine. "What brought this on?" I playfully question with a hint of curiosity to my voice. Her smile gets even wider as its quite clear to the both of us that I'm lost.

"How long have you been with your mate?" She asks sitting up, moving into a straddle position. I mimic her actions as I start to feel the stain in the muscles at the back of my knees . 'It's been way too long since I last danced.' I groan inwardly while lowering my upper body onto the ground and rest my head on my arms and look back at mother. "Uhh...um... Since today." I mutter quietly, hoping she wouldn't hear anything. She squeals, pushing her upper body off the ground, reaching out for my arms. I rise as we move to another stretch (I can't really explain the next stretch so here's a picture of it)

"Did you really think anyone didn't notice the change in your scent the minute you walked through the door?" She asked, pulling me towards her and deepening the stretch

"Did you really think anyone didn't notice the change in your scent the minute you walked through the door?" She asked, pulling me towards her and deepening the stretch. Heat begins to rise on my cheeks as I think back on Christopher and I's heated session at lunch. Mother simply chuckles at my reaction as she fires another question my way. "What's his name?"

"Christopher." I answer a bit to loudly as mother pulls me further down onto the ground. She chuckles softly and shakes her head, earning a playful glare from me. "How old is-" "Okay mom," I immediately cut her off, " that's enough interrogation for a day if not a lifetime." not being able to deal with the over heating on my cheeks and ears, I move back up as I push mother towards the ground. I stare at her as she completely lays flat on the ground with so much ease. When I do it, I'm pretty sure my face resembles a chimpanzee. I have the tendency to form the weirdest facial expressions when I'm at a tough position.

"Well I'm happy that you've found your mate. Just don't go getting pregnant okay? I don't feel like being a grand parent in my forties." She states, moving back up and looks me straight in the eye. Her tone wasn't as serious as part of the statement is. Most people know me as the innocent one, thus meaning I wouldn't do anything out of my comfort zone e.g.; getting pregnant before going to university. I'm not saying teen pregnancy is a horrible thing, I'm just better off waiting until I'm able and prepared to take care of a younger and more fragile being mentally and physically.

"I can guarantee you that won't be happening." I smile and gently push her shoulder. She stares at me for a while before giving me a mischievous grin. "Wanna go through the routine again?" My mood immediately brightens up at her offer. We spent the rest of the evening running through the routine she taught me and added a few more moves to the dance before heading our separate ways.

Aww, mother and daughter bonding time. Btw, there's a YouTube channel (1 million dance studio. I'm not sure if there are spaces in the name). There's a lady called Lia Kim who did a choreography to la la latch - pentatonix (cover). The way she dances is just so amazing. 😍😍😍 In other words, you should check it out. 😊