Chapter Four

"I never dreamed for success. I worked for it." - anonymous

:: 

I was insulted — the worst?

"We're the worst?!"

I looked up, eyes darting to the boy beside me. He seemed my senior by a year, maybe even two — yet it was clear why he was held back. I knew nothing about him, but from the very first words he uttered — I knew exactly what type of person he was.

He was the brash, hard-headed type. The fight first, talk later type. They are the ones who die first.

You can't save anyone if you're dead, that was the harsh reality.

"Yes!" The old man bellowed, smirking in sick-amusemnt. "Did ya think just because you're the Tsuchikage's brat that you instantly become worth something?"

The man glared at the child, "Look around you kid. You're a nobody — born into a family of somebodies."

'This kid is the Tsuchikage's son? But he's supposed to be some super prodigy'

"You'll never amount to your brother."

'Ah, that makes sense — second born child'

Everyone knew of the Tsuchikage's first born son. Kamizuru Kitsume, a natural born prodigy. Graduated from the academy only after a year at age eight. Became chunin barely half a year after being promoted to a genin — then jonin at nine. 

The current twelve year old anbu captain was a highly ranked shinobi. Fighting out on the front lines in the battle against Konoha — a battle people fear will become the beginning of the end

A second great shinobi world war, they're calling it.

The newly revealed second son to the Tsuchikage fired up in rage. He pulled out a kunai — which, again, was nothing more than a toy — and leapt forward. He charged at out new sensei, and it happened so fast — my untrained eyes couldn't keep up.

One moment, he was before the old man, prepared to cut him down. The next, he was slammed into the wooden floor, pinned by the old man. His kunai was gone, in the hand's of his sense, pressed against his neck.

He drew a single drop of blood. And the child let out a shaky breath.

'... woah'

I gaped, unable to contain my amazement. This seemingly harmless, if not short-tempered, old man had taken out the kid in one second flat. Granted he was barely an academy student, but being the son of a Kage should have given him something.

The old man stood up, smirking as the boy scurried off, returning to his seat with a pissed-off expression.

"Now, that the brat is taken care of..." He looked up, gaze on the only other boy amongst us — beside myself.

"You!"

He jumped. "Y—Yes!"

While they spoke, I silently looked around the room, taking in the appearance of all those around me.

"Introduce yourself." He leant back onto the desk, his cane rested beside him. "Name, hobby, dreams, all that crap."

"A—Ah..." The poor boy struggled to speak, but he eventually swallowed his fear. "My name is... Han, I enjoy... well... being left alone-"

I felt my eyes sharpen. Left alone? Did that not happen for him? I jolted, just a bit, remembering something from days prior.