Just a Nightmare?

Changed the cover for this story what do you all think?

-

Jacob Kowalski is lying on the floor of his blown up apartment, Newt's battered brown case sits amongst the rubble. 

Down in the street below Tina, Newt and Evelyn are hurrying along towards the incident.

They come to a halt in a crowd of upset people, a rather distracted  Tina goes on about how stupid and irresponsible Newt is, but as she does this she doesn't see him start moving through the crowd towards the apartment buildings where the incident has taken place.

Evelyn does notice however, and follows after him with just as much haste as they both run up the metal steps and inside the destroyed room of Jacob Kowalski.

"Is he okay?" Evelyn questions as she sees the messy sight before her and a rather harsh red bite mark on Jacob's neck.

"Oh yes should be fine" Newt dismisses but his face tells a different story. 

Evelyn  isn't fooled. 

"Really? Just fine?" 

Newt turns round to look at her giving her a sheepish smile.

"Well.. I guess I haven't seen a reaction as bad as this so far...."

Before she can muster a reply he grabs a hold of his case and starts to fix the whole apartment with a swish of his wand.

She sits on the bed watching the apartment fix itself, admiring the way he shows so much passion and love for his beasts that she can't help but stare as he reunites with his case.

He soon turns to look back at her and both are now staring at each other, but not in an awkward way it's comforting and warm but it is soon broken by Tina walking in and rushing over to Jacob.

"His necks bleeding, he's hurt!" Tina shouts stress visible on her face. 

"Wake up Mr No-Maj.." 

Newt takes his chance and begins to slowly exit, not before he looks back at Evelyn however, who's still sitting on the bed looking up at him and he can't tell if she wants him to stay or not.

He walks over to her and takes hold of her hand much to her surprise, gently pulling her towards him but his attempt to be stealthy soon fails as Evelyn trips up on a loose floor board bracing herself for the hard floor... 

but it doesn't come for Newt let's go of his case and catches her in his arms.

She's not sure how long they stay in this position but she stands up after what feels like forever,  when Tina coughs to alert her presence, a puzzled look on her face. 

"What are you two doing?" She questions suspiciously.

"Uh I was just..." Evelyn can feel her face heating up, not missing the cold feeling she feels flooding over her as she steps away from Newt.

"Never-mind we need to help this man." Tina speaks with instructive authority. 

Just as she says however,  a murtlap jumps out from behind Jacob causing Tina to scream as it latches onto her arm. 

Newt springs into action and manages to grab a hold of it shoving it into his case as quickly as possible smiling nervously at the two girls.

He then gets out his wand with a sigh of relief and points it towards Jacob.

 "You can't wipe his memory now! He's a witness" Tina exclaims to a very much confused Newt.

"I'm sorry - you yelled at me the length of New York for not doing it in the first place...." Newt rambles in confusion.

Tina blinks slowly trying to form a sentence.

"He's hurt he looks ill" Although she still looks unsure of what she's saying.

Evelyn takes a deep breathe, classic Tina.. acting with authority yet having no real plan of action.

"He'll be fine. Murtlap bites aren't that serious." 

This was clearly not the answer Newt was meant to give, as a look of disbelief crosses Tina's face, Evelyn can't help but giggle at how worked up Tina is getting to which she receives a annoyed look from the girl.

"I admit this is a slightly more severe reaction than I've seen but if it was really serious- he'd have- well um the first symptom would be flames out of if his uh-anus."

This causes Jacob to scrunch his eyebrows together, an even more terrified look upon his round face. 

"It'll last forty-eight hours at most, uh I can keep him if you want me to-"

 Evelyn giggles again, Newts words have her finding herself not able to control it.

"This isn't a laughing matter Eve!" Tina exclaims clearly stressed before turning back to Newt.

"We do not keep them! Mr Scamander do you know anything about the wizarding community in American?"

"I do know a few things actually. I know you have rather backwards laws about relations with non magic people . That you're not meant to befriend them and you can't marry them, which does seem mildly absurd to me."

Jacob tries to follow the conversation, his eyes darting back and forth between the two looking more and more confused by the minute.

"Who's going to marry him?? You're both coming with me-" 

"I don't see why I need to come with you" Newt interrupts but he doesn't get a reply for Tina is trying her best to lift the somehow still partially conscious Jacob.

"Help me!" Tina struggles to say as she tries her hardest to lift him.

Newt goes over to help whilst Evelyn takes a hold of his case giving him a reassuring smile to show she's not going to run of with it.

"I'm dreaming right? I'm tired I never went to the bank.. this is a big nightmare right?" Jacob mutters.

"For the both of us Mr Kowalski" 

And for a moment Evelyn believed they were going to disapparate with out her she grips onto the case..  but just as Tina starts to Disapparate, Newt reaches out and grabs Evelyn by the hand as they all go together.

-
Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I added some parts where Evelyn and a Newt begin to connect 😊 You'll all like the next chapter as there's much more between Evelyn and Newt whilst they're at the Goldstein apartment 😏 I also want to thank you all for reading I've already reached 2k reads 😅 comment if you'd like me to update tonight I have work again today so it most likely won't be till later bysie bye -C x