(8) I Don't Resist

Chapter 8 - I Don't Resist

Love is very odd. It's very complicated to understand and explain. I can assure you one thing: love tests your limits.

Many little girls have in mind that love is the best feeling in the world. Once you find your Prince Charming you're automatically set to live a happily ever after.

Oh how I wish they knew they were wrong. Partially....

Some days you'll feel like you're floating on cloud nine. Some days you'll feel like you've been bestowed with a curse and would rather live in hell.

Love is funny...

"I'm sorry Vanilla. Talk to me please," Blake pleads, but I turn my face away from him as I attempt to contain my tears, but fail miserably.

"Autumn please, I know what I did was wrong but you can't ignore me forever," I sigh.

"Okay Blake," his eyes shine with hope as he begins to tell me the story.

<<<Flashback >>>

"Why do I have to go to the club with you? Autumn was sleeping man; I'm  sure I woke her up." I get in the car.

"We had a deal; you get me the bag and I'll get you the tape," he states and I lean back closing my eyes.

"I'm going to regret this," I mumble to myself.

A few minutes later we arrive at the club. Once the car comes to a halt we get out and make our way to the entrance.

The bouncer immediately lets us in and we head to the back. A drink is given to me but I refuse it, "I'm sorry but I don't drink."

"Take the drink man," he insists but I insist on refusing.

"Take it," he points a gun at my head and I smirk. Grabbing the drink from his hand, I gulp it down. "Happy man?"

We carry on walking and with each step I take, my vision gets more blurry, my head aches more, and my thoughts get distorted.

Of course, the drink was spiked..

Not a moment later, the room gets darker and my head meets the ground. The darkness dominates me and I lay there submissive...

<<end of flashback>>

"I can't remember anything beyond that moment. The pictures and videos posted were of me indeed, but not the real me Autumn." My back is still facing him, but I can feel the despair and emotions in his voice.

"Then what are those pictures of you taking drugs?"

"Ms Carson, these pictures posted are either old, from a movie scene, or fake. The drug test is negative." The officer states and I sense Blake relax.

If I turn and look at his face I'll surely collapse once again. I've already broken down too many times because of him.

"What's on that tape Blake?" I mutter quietly after the officer walks away attempting to maintain my emotions and mask them.

"Can you please look at me Autumn? I need to see your face."

"Don't change the subject Blake." Yet I grant his wish and turn to look at him. He takes me in and stares at my destroyed figure. A hurricane occurred in my hair, my makeup is demolished, and my shirt is soaked from the tears.

"I did this to you. I'm so sorry Vanilla," he puts his hand through the bars, but I step away quickly from his touch as if I were to be electrified from it.

"Blake, what was on the tape? Is it footage of you cheating on me? If you want to break up why don't you just do? Are you trying to break me for a career boost? What do you want ? What happened to you? What happened to the Blake I fell in love with?"

"He's still here Autumn, but he too is broken; however, I'd never cheat on the girl of my dreams."

My cheeks turn red and I sense him smiling. Attempting to stop smiling, I bite my lips and walk to the officer. "Is he free to go now Officer Mark?"

"Yes, just sign this paper and you can both be on your way." I grab the pen and sign the paper as they unlock the cell door.

"Thank you officer, have a good day." I quickly walk away before Blake catches up to me, but of course he does.

He grabs my hand and I don't resist. He kisses my head and I don't resist
He stops then stares into my eyes with direct access to my soul and I don't resist.

I don't resist...

"Autumn dear, can you please stop staring at me like that." Blake's voice snaps me out of my thoughts. I look around to find myself at Blake's house with a freshly showered shirtless Blake standing right in front of me.

"When did we get here?"

"About twenty minutes ago. Frankly speaking, I was turning into a caveman from the way you were looking at me."

My cheeks burn with embarrassment as I avoid his hunger filled gaze. "Blake, we really need to talk."

"Well what do you want me to say Autumn? The problem is solved and it was all in the past. Please just forget about that," he grabs my hands.

"Blake, you lied to me and you were on drugs. How can't you to tell me something like that ? I would've helped you."

"You found out; Great Autumn and you said were. It was because of my parents' sudden death, but I went to rehab and stopped. I stayed away from you because you were building your career and I didn't want to distract you." He lets go of my hand and they instantly feel cold.

"Why would you think that? Blake even if we weren't dating back then you knew how much I cared about you. Hell, I'm sure you knew how depressed I was when you disappeared. We would've gotten through this together. Anyways, it's all in the past and I'm glad you're okay." His eyes tear up but nothing falls out.

"I'm sorry I overreacted and hid it from you Vanilla," he engulfs me in a hug and I get intoxicated by his aroma.

"I love you Blake."

"I love you too. Oh, I can get used to these words."

I raise my eyebrows as he grins evilly. Suddenly I'm lifted off my feet.

"Blake," he simply laughs and carries me to the kitchen.

"Babe you know me so well. Food time!"