(3) Chocolate

'We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason.'

Chapter 3 - Chocolate

"Rise and shine sleepyhead," someone whispers into my ear. I immediately tense up knowing that there's no one in the house except me.

"Relax, it's just your brother." I sigh in relief and sit up properly.

"Good morning Nathan. What brings you here?"

"I had a fight with my wife so we decided to stay away from each other to calm down, so here I am," he says sadly.

"Oh well stay as long as you need. This is your home too after all. How's Charlotte?"

He smiles, "she's a great kid and she says hi." I look at the time to find it 9:00.

"Well looks like I need to head to work. Would you like to accompany me?" I get out of bed as he nods.

Nathan watches me pick up all the important documents and walk around my room choosing an outfit and says, "you've changed Autumn. Did something happen."

Of course he'll notice it, "guess who decided to pop back into my life?"

"Blake," I nod.

"I know. He made sure it was okay if he can appear back into your life." I stare it him confusingly. Why ask him for permission? I'm technically an adult and I can make my own decisions whether I want him back or not.

I keep all the thoughts to myself. I'll find out what's going on...

||A few minutes later ||

"Hop in," I state unlocking the car.

Nathan just stands there and suddenly blurts out, "I need to fix things with Juliette and perhaps get her a gift

Nathan just stands there and suddenly blurts out, "I need to fix things with Juliette and perhaps get her a gift."

I simply smile and nod, "Go upstairs and grab the keys to the Audi. Also take my credit card if you want to. Go win her back tiger." He smiles as I get in the car and set off.

As I make a U-turn, my phone rings and I answer with my usual tone, "Autumn Carson."

"Is that how you treat your good ole friend?"

"MIKEYYY!! How was your trip to Japan?" I sense a smile finding it's way to my face.

"It was great! I got you a gift and I hope you like it. I'm at your office."

"Thank you Mikey. I'm sure it's amazing. I'll see you in a few minutes."

Adam Michael Blue; my best guy friend. We met at university back when I was shattered from Blake's doing. Luckily, Adam had the super glue and placed me back together.

I won't lie and say that I haven't felt feelings for him, but I just couldn't. Let me be honest though, if I had met him before Blake I would've went for him.

Mikey is the nice boy next door. The nice boy next door with a great body, great personality, and great heart.

Blake gives off the bad boy vibes but underneath that is a soft, caring guy.

Years passed by and with every second I lost hope in ever seeing Blake again and tried to move on. I just couldn't do it to anyone. I would be hurting the guy and myself. There was always that speck of hope that never fades away.

I sigh as I my car comes to a halt in front of the building. I grab my stuff and proceed to exit the car. Handing the car keys to the receptionist, I get in the elevator and begin the ascend.

Not a few seconds later the elevator stops and the doors open. Everyone stands up but I usher to them to sit down and carry on.

The door to my office is open and inside Mikey staring from the window giving me a few seconds to stare at his perfect body.

"Chocolate I know your staring at me," I sense him smirking from here. I roll my eyes at the nickname as he comes and gives me a hug lifting me off the ground.

"I missed you so much Mikey." I say as we embrace each other. Someone coughs ruining the moment and I turn around to find Blake with a bouquet of daisies in his hand.

"Good morning Vanilla," he says emphasizing vanilla.

"Hi Blake. What brings you here?" I look at Mikey and find him surprised.

Before Blake manages to answer, Mikey opens his mouth and says," ahh so you're the famous Blake Hunter. I heard many things about you."

Mikey tries to look intimidating but he's exactly the same size as Blake. Blake simply ignores him and looks at me, "I got you your favorites and wanted to see if you'd like to go to dinner with me."

I walk to Blake and give him a hug whispering in his ears, "thank you for the flowers, but I'm sorry I can't tonight." I turn to put the flowers in a vase and find it already containing flowers. I lift my eyebrows and look at Adam.

"Well you can't say no to more flowers." 

Blake and Adam just stand there awkwardly and I suppress myself from laughing at them. My receptionist walks in stating that a client from Italy is on the phone.

Great, work time...

"Make yourself comfortable in the chill room. If you need anything feel free to ask me or anyone." I shoo them out and get on with my business.

"Buongiorno"

||A few hours Later ||

"Merci. Au revoir," I hang up and check what's left to find nothing.

"Miss Autumn. Your sister in law is calling." I nod and pick up the phone,"hi..."

"AUTUMN IM PREGRANT!!" Juliette greets me. I squeal and let her fill me in on the details.

"Can you please convince Nathan to come back without telling him the news." I grin, " sure, I can tell him you're very ill and was moved to the hospital the same time you're going for the scan then bam!!!"

"We're so evil!! I love it! Thank you so much Autumn, I don't know what I'd do without you." We continue chatting for a while until she has to go.

I walk out of my office to find people whispering and gossiping about something.

"Is everything alright?" I ask worriedly.

Someone shouts, "Blake Hunter and Adam Michael are having a fight in the chill room!"

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

It's been a while my dear friends and I truly apologize for the delay.

I hope this chapter makes up for it and I'm sorry for the length.

Tell me what do you think about Adam?

Hope you're all having a lovely day and I'll see you next Chappie ❤️

Lots of Love
M xx