(6) You're Perfect

'There is beauty in simplicity'

Chapter 6 - You're Perfect

"We send our condolences to the Carson Family. Sergeant Carson died.."

"Close the TV," I mumble to Blake and the room becomes silent. I hold the envelope once again, but a paper falls out of it. How come I didn't see it?

Everyone pays me their attention as I open the little paper

To the love of my life,
Please don't wear black, even though you do look very sexy in black. I'll be very jealous when you wear it cause I can't do anything about it ;) Just please don't wear it in mourning... You know how much I hate misery.. Don't forget that I love you too much. Even though I might be dead, my love for you will never die.
-as what the teens say these days, your bæ-

Mum smiles sadly and we all gather up giving her a hug and a shoulder to lean on.Everyone is at my family's house holding us together. The house is so dull and quiet, no one dares mutter a word. Dad's pictures are all on the coffee table and all we do is stare at the pictures.

When I arrived at the hospital, I  ran faster than Usain Bolt to his room. I was too late, he had passed away.

I haven't talked to him for a week. He couldn't talk due to the conditions he was in. The last thing I heard from him was 'take care of yourself and of your family Autumn. I love you so much.'

The funeral was yesterday and Nathan and I had to give a speech, but we obviously broke down.

I look around for tissue and water to find none. I stand up and Blake immediately does too. "I'm going to the store to buy water and tissue."

I grab my bag and before leaving I say, "Dad wouldn't want us to stay like that. He would kick all of our asses if we stayed in this condition. He's in a better place now and will always be with us. We can't stay like that for the rest of our lives. Death is a debt every person pays and soon it will be our turn to do so."

"He would want us to move on, and moving on we shall. All of you pack your bags," I add.

"But," Mum says.

"No buts, Autumn's right. We can't stay like that or we will die from depression. I'm not telling you to put on smiles and act normally because it will take a while."

"Ya, you're right. You three book a small trip to anywhere for a week or two, freshen up, and come back," Blake states and everyone nods in agreement.

"Oh alright, just for Ethan." For the first time in a while, we all smile.

<< 8 days later >>

"NATHAN!!!" Juliette rushes towards us then crushes Nathan. Juliette hugs Mom and I next once they finish their semi-make out session.

"How was the break?" She asks us as we walk out of the airport towards the parking.

"It was great. It was well needed," Mum smiles brightly instantly making me smile too.

"I'm sorry guys but I need to get on my plane back to the big apple. You all need to pay me a visit one day. I'll call you when I arrive."

We all bid our farewells and head in our separate ways. Well, back to work...

<< The Next Day >>