Prologue

Fifteen years ago . . .

Five year old Branch and his younger sister,Leaf, who was four were both singing to their grandmother. They were both holding a red colored rose imaging it as a microphone. Their grandmother was doing the laundry humming the along with them.
Branch and Leaf were so focused in the song that they didn't hear their grandmother warning of Bergen until the last second. Their grandmother pushed both of them to save them. Her selfless action came with a price,cost her own life.
Branch was the closes to the edge of the leaf and went down first. Leaf then follow Branch down as well. They both landed on the grass with a soft thud.
Branch and Leaf both watch from the ground as the Bergen took their grandmother away. They can hear their grandmother's scream until it fade away. Fresh tears spilled from Leaf's eyes as she cry in her older brother's chest. Fresh tears also spilled from his own eyes as he hold crying Leaf in his arms.
Slowly, very slowly they both turn grey. Their beautiful colors fade underneath black and grey. But the stranger part is that the color of Leaf's dress and headband also change colors. They turn into a very dull color matching her dull skin and hair.
A other young troll came along any saw them sad. It confused her,Why would any troll be sad? She walked towards asking them their names and why they were sad. The oldest one ignore her but the youngest only answer the first question. "My name is Leaf and my brother name is Branch," Leaf said. "What is your name?" Leaf asked.
"Poppy. My name is Poppy. And why are you two so sad?" Poppy asked. Before she can tell Poppy why they were sad her older brother,Branch cut her off saying that they needed to do something. As they walked away Poppy made a promise that she will do everything in her power to make Branch and Leaf happy again. No matter what it takes.