Year 5 | Of Secrets and Lies

Start from the beginning

     "What d'you mean, Potter?" questioned Mad-Eye.

     "Voldemort isn't the only one who can reach our minds."

     "Lily, what have you done?" asked Mr. Weasley. Lily stared at the glass again and pursed her lips. She rapped her fingers against the wooden surface and as she did, the dark circles beneath her eyes disappeared once more, as if nothing ever happened. Mrs. Weasley placed her hand on top of Lily's and the girl looked at her.

     "How are my Weasleys doing?"

      "They're alright." She gave the girl a small smile, "Fred sure missed you. It took George forever to pry him away from writing letters to you."

      "I'm going to go see them, if that's alright." Lily began to stand and they nodded. As she reached the door and placed her hands on the cold brass of the knob,her godfather's voice cut through the silent air.

     "Lily." She paused and pushed her red ringlets behind her shoulders. "Secrets come out eventually. It isn't wise to shield Harry and your friends from the monster lurking in the shadows."

      She knew who he was referring to.

     "Over the few years in this world of magic, I've learned that the monsters are not always of flesh and blood. Sometimes, they are in our own minds." replied the Potter girl, "And they often times win."

     But they could not win if you did not know of them.

     With those words, Lily opened the door and slipped out of the room. In the dim light of the narrow hallway, she paused and stared at one of the flickering lights over her head. It scintillated slightly and as she stared at it, Lily suddenly heard the whizzing grow louder in her ears.

     "You will not escape me this time, Lillian..." hissed the shrill voice of Lord Voldemort in her mind. "I have something special in store for you..."

     And just as quickly as the moment had come, it was gone. Lily scowled and snapped her fingers and with a small spark, the light ceased to flicker and remained luminescent. She began to ascend the stairs and when she reached the second landing, she paused.

     "You can come out now."

      A long moment passed before the door to her right creaked open to reveal Ginny Weasley. As she opened it all the way, Hermione Granger, Ronald Weasley, Harry and the Weasley twins were revealed to be standing clumsily behind her.

      "How'd you know?" asked Ron sheepishly.

     "I'm in league with those two. I know everything there is to know on eavesdropping." She crossed her arms and leaned against the railing, "How much did you hear?"

      "Snape's in the Order?" questioned Harry.

      Lily nodded, "He's one of many members."

      "Are you one? A member, I mean?"

       She seemed to ponder over it for a second, "You could say that."

      "It's been a while, Potter." smiled Fred.

      Lily smiled back, "Yes it has, Weasley."

       "Alright," said Ginny, ushering everyone back into the bedroom, "Let's give them a moment."

      The friends retreated back into the room and as Ginny closed the door, she masked the grin on her face. Fred stepped out into the hallway and took in his girlfriend's appearance. Looking much older now, Lily had the curves and matured looks of an elder teenager. Her red hair had grown in length again, although it was considerably shorter from when she younger, as it only reached just past her shoulder blades. She stood at 5'5 now, wearing dark boyfriend jeans and a dark green shirt which exposed a considerable amount of cleavage. As every day passed, she resembled her mother even more.