» seventeen «

"Here, Ty. I made you some soup.", Jenna placed the bowl filled with steaming soup on the nightstand.

"I- um. Thanks.", he answered. She looked him straight in the eye, something was off about him.

"Is something wrong? Baby, what's wrong?", she sat down on the bed, taking his hand in hers.

"Who are you?"

"What?", Jenna asked perplexed.

"I've never seen you here before.", Tyler said and stared at her. Jenna stayed silent. The doctor told her he might not recognize her after some time. She knew it, but to live the moment was a complete different story. If she could trust the doctor's words, then she should be happy with Tyler's reaction. She's lucky he didn't try pushing her away or maybe even hitting her. Tears swelled in her blue eyes. Tyler looked around the room, deep sadness suddenly swept across his face.

"Oh, and have you seen my wife? I haven't seen her in so long."

»

One week later, Tyler Robert Joseph died.

His loved soul left his skeleton body.

After months of fighting for nothing, he gave up. He was too weak.

He left at night, he was next to the most important person in his life. In his favorite position, holding on to her soft hand until the end.

The morning sun crept up and his wife awoke.

She sat upright, her head fuzzy.

One look at her husband and she knew it. There wasn't anything that brought light. The sun outside was a black spot for her.

She screamed his name over and over again, caressing his cheek like she always did to wake him up.

She screamed until her throat broke.

Then, Jenna stepped out of the cold bed and walked over to her husband. Tears blurred her vision.

"Tyler Robert Joseph. I, Jenna Black, will take you as my husband until death parts us.", she whimpered as she repeated her wedding vow and placed kisses all over his cold pale hand.

Her morning routine began.

Shower. Morning business. Dressing up. She didn't use makeup. And why would she? She couldn't show her beauty to her husband anymore. He wouldn't see it.

The blonde walked over to his body and sat down, pulling his head onto her lap. Jenna called an ambulance and waited patiently. Silent tears streamed down her face as she let her fingertips draw circles on his cold bald head, rocking back and forth with the lifeless body in her arms.

»

She called Josh two days after. Her voice was quiet as she told him. She heard him crying on the other end of the phone call.

She also told him the exact date of the funeral.

»

"Jenna.", she heard Josh behind her. She turned around to see that his hair had turned back to its normal color.

"Hi, Josh.", Jenna said as she practically fell into his arms.

She wanted to cry. Oh, she wanted to cry so desperately. But she couldn't. She was empty and out of tears.

And still, she sobbed into Josh's shoulder with dry eyes. He softly caressed her back, calming her down.

Jenna pulled away first.

"Nice suit.", she nodded to his black clothes and wiped her eyes with the palm of her hand.

"You look better than me.", he tried to lighten the mood a bit. She didn't smile, but her eyes weren't dark for a moment.