» eight «

He slowly slipped his skeleton-like hand from her touch and stood up silently. His mind was a desert. He was numb.

Jenna fell asleep hours ago, luckily, after taking some sleeping pills.

He told her that he loved her. He told her more than one time how much he loved her in the moment before they turned the lights off.

He calmly walked, or at least tried to walk, into the bathroom, his bare feet making no sound.

Tyler closed the door behind him. Not locking, just closing it without making any sound.

He turned the small light over the mirror on and looked at himself.

His eyes lost their brightness.

His head was bald.

His skin was pale.

His lips were chapped.

His jaw and cheekbones were clearly visible.

He looked like a skeleton.

He took a closer look in his lips.

How could Jenna still kiss him? How could she bear looking at this face all day? He didn't want her beautiful pink lips to be pressed against his faded ones. Yet, he could never turn away. He needed her and she needed him.

Tyler then searched through Jenna's purple toilet bag and found what he was searching for.

Should he sit in the shower?

Or just on the floor?

The shower would probably be the better idea. He didn't want to make everything dirty when someone found him the next morning. And what if Jenna walked in on him in the middle of the night, in the darkness, stumbling over his body? No. The shower was a good idea.

So Tyler sat down in the shower, careful not to make any sound.

"I love you, Jenna.", he whispered to himself.

He hovered the razor blade over his wrist. And then suddenly his mind started working. He started over thinking and over thinking lead to shaking.

He couldn't do it with shaking hands, so he just waited patiently. The blade still over his wrist.

After a few minutes the door got opened.

Jenna.

She slowly walked to him, his body was shaking even more.

Tears started to pool in his eyes, as she came into his vision. His broken breathing was all he heard.

She took the razor from him. Then she took his wrist and pressed her lips against his pulse.

Without a word spoken, she lifted him up, placed his thin arm around her shoulder and started walking them back to the beds.