Chapter 10

*HIYA!  I'm sorry I didn't keep my promise.  But to be honest I had a bad case of writer's block.  I kind of still do.  So this chapter is just a filler.  Next one will be better!  I promise!*

There was a bright light infront of my face.  Where am I?

"Josh? Josh?"  Someone was talking to me, but who?   My eyes adjusted to the light.  My band mates were standing around my bed.  But this isn't my bed..

"W-where am I?"  I look around the room.

"You're at the hospital Josh."  Matt spoke.  His voice hoarse as if he was crying.

Suddenly, my memories came back to me.

*FLASHBACK*

I pulled up to the band house.  I wonder if she's OK?  I jogged up the steps and opened the door. "Oh my god!" I gasped as I run to Nicki's side.  Blood dripping down her leg and a bleeding eye.

"Josh!"  She yelped, trying to gasp for air.  I was taking off my shirt to wrap around her wound, but stopped when she grabbed my arm and looked into my eyes. "Run."

That was the last thing I remember before feeling a sharp pain on my side.  And my whole world turning black.

*REALITY*

"Where's Nicki?!"  Desperately trying to get out of bed, ignoring the excruciating pain emerging from my side.

"Josh, it's best for you to stay lying down."  Mike calmly tried to put me back onto the bed.

"NO!" I screamed.  Why won't they tell me?  "I need to see Nicki!"  I tried to get up again, but was forced down my Ian's hands.

"Josh, calm down.  And we'll tell you what happened."  Matt said quietly.  What happened?  Did she die?  Does she have a concussion?  Millions of answers ran through my head.  But I missed the right one.

"Josh...Nicki is, gone."