Prologue (Jordan)

The midnight azure was lit by the glowing orb of night and glistening stars above. I made my way through the woods in search of them, keeping aware of all my surroundings. My feet came to a halt behind a large tree once I discovered one. A twig snapped beneath my shoe and the small noise almost revealed my hiding place.

Spying on rivals was a difficult job at hand, but if you needed a job done; you would do your best to complete it just right. Watching the different creatures was boring; we all took shape in human form and we both had fangs. We were the same, the only difference was that they were werewolves and we were vampires.

Questions began to flood my brain and my heart beat picked up speed, the semi-frightening worry that if they caught me in my place, they would rip me to pieces on the spot. What if they knew I was there and were already planning to come around and murder me? They definitely had the right; thanks to The Treaty of Peace which was signed hundreds of years ago. This treaty stated that no vampire shall set foot on werewolf territory and vice-versa, if one so happens to do so...you are waging war or in modern terms, commiting to an idiotic plea of suicide. This treaty put me in danger, and so did the fact that there was a current full moon in the sky. But I knew what I was doing, hopefully.

The only reason that I was so bold as to step into the danger zone was due to one word: Hybrid. If my leader could conquer one of these hairy beasts, he could create the first ever vampire/werewolf. He preferred a girl or woman around his age (not his actual age because of course, no one lives to be 569 years old) so he could impregnate her. This means that a guy was completely out of the question. He also was unsure of whether or not it would work, but anything was worth a try.

Because no werewolf would want to kill themselves for the selfish purpose of another (especially a vampire), this became a tougher assignment. This meant kidnapping, waging war, and causing strife in the middle of what has been a peaceful age for many years between the blood suckers and the flesh eating monsters. The largest obstacle in "mission hybrid" was teeth, werewolf k9s in fact, because one bite from those mother fuckers cause disease within the vampire. It's an uncurable disease, one that spreads quickly and causes paranoia, vivid nightmares and a small case of alzheimer's. The only actual cure was a stake to the heart of whoever had recieved the bite.

My diabolical scheme was to lure one out and bring her back to my leader, hoping that both of us would still be alive on the way back. From my view, they didn't seem tough to take out. They were arid and normal, the only thing was that these things looked like humans but could turn into gigantic, repulsive animals. Everything continued on in an orderly fashion, some walking around in wolf form and many other's playing and giggling. The atmosphere was quick to change as soon as she showed up.

A beautiful girl, probably in her early 20's, sauntered up to the man who appeared to be the Alpha by what I had been watching. She came off as shy, nervous even, but I assumed that was because she had two large and muscular male sentinels standing close by her to make sure that she didn't try anything to harm the man. It was like a real life soap opera from my point of view but when I focused my hearing on them, it was exactly what I had thought.

"Mate." They both hummed in sync, eyes glistening and lips turning into half flattered grins. I had no idea what the hell that meant and why they had spoken the word, but maybe it was the wolf vernacular for "Hey, what's up, how's it going?"

"I'm Anne," she blushed before breathing deeply in amazement, gazing up at this man as if he were a god.

"Chris," he replied before calling off the sentinels. "Where...are you from?"

"I was Luna to another pack far from here, but I had to leave because I didn't like what the Alpha was doing and well, because...we got a divorce," she paused, the expression on her face displaying hurt. Thinking about a bad past could be painful and I could see it was killing her. "Anyways, I moved back here with my mother, and my daughter who is also a werewolf. She and I mean no harm, but we would like to be able to come out here without any problems or fights. If anything even...join your pack."

"Of course," he gave in simply. "What would I be to deny my mate safety?" This Chris man seemed much more relaxed and happy now that this Anne girl was around; almost as if she had just changed the whole universe around him. I remembered that feeling and I loathed it. It only felt good for a while and that was promised. "But where is the daughter that you speak of?" His head was cocked to the side as she pressed her lips into a hard line. Whatever she was going to say next, was not good.

"She's home, tied up. She becomes this...this demon on full moons and she still hasn't learned to control herself. I can bring her to meet you, if that's what you want."

"Of course. Now come, I need you to meet the others." He turned his back and began to lead the way but she stood in the moment, smiling at the thought, blue eyes beaming at his back muscles. I was smiling too because their new found loving tension absolutely disgusted me and she would be the one I was going to prey on. I wouldn't act on it just yet since it wasn't the right time, so I would leave and create an exact plan on how to get her out and all alone, to steal her innocence and bring her to my leader. I turned away from the tree to see a malicious, growling werewolf in front of me.

This beast was prepared to eat me whole but it didn't make any moves what so ever. I could have a staring contest with it's gold eyes if I wanted to but I had to go, because the gasps and sounds of quickened footsteps waved the red flag. I could lure it out, find out if it was a girl or not, kill it if it wasn't, take it to my leader if it was.

This was still hazaradous and I was risking my life, but with no remorse, I bent down teasingly, making kissy noises one would do to a dog. It calmly took a few steps forward and that was my cue to run out of there. When I reached an empty road at the ending of the woods, I turned my head to see that it had not come any closer than the steps it had took.

Was it just scaring me out of there? What werewolf would reject the chance to kill a vampire? My eyebrows knitted together in confusion and I huffed in defeat because I didn't get exactly what I wanted tonight. But I promised myself that I would kidnap one to bring back to my leader for "mission hybrid". My stomach howled and I came into realization that it was time for blood. I laid in the middle of the road, waiting for someone to run me over or spot me, exit their car, walk up to me and ask if I was okay. I would feign hurt until they came close enough for my fangs to sink into their neck, giving me all the blood I needed and craved. This was my favorite trick in the book, it always worked. Humans are stupid.

As I awaited any car's arrival, my eyes were stuck on the sky as I wondered about that werewolf and thought, "Why the fuck didn't it chase me?"