19

"Who's your favorite person?" I ask Jake.

He thought for a moment. "B.A." He said.

"Because he's the mechanic?" I guess.

"No, because it's fucking Rampage Jackson!" He says.

"But in the TV show it's Mr. T, so anyway B.A wins," I say.

"Who's your favorite?" He asked me.

I think for a moment.

"Hannibal," I say.

"Because he's the leader?" Jake watches as the tank free falls into the lake.

"Yeah and because he's the man with the plan." I raise my eyebrow at him.

It takes a second for him to get it but in the end we both bust out laughing. I laughed so hard that my side started hurting and we had to stop.

Jake had his arm wrapped protectively around my waist with his hand on my stitches. I was so tired that I pushed my head under his arm and fell asleep. It seemed like only a few minutes before I woke again. I guess we had decided not to go to school today.

I pop my head up. "Jake? Jake where are you?" I call.

He comes stumbling out of the bathroom, bed head and all.

"I'm coming." He kneels beside the couch. "The doctor called and said that you need to take some painkillers."

He hands me one with a glass of water, I hadn't even realized that my side was aching until he said it.

"Thanks," I said after swallowing them, and I yawned and stretched. "What time is it?"

"Eight." He said. "I woke up at seven to do this-" He pulled my wheelchair out from behind him. "Your own personal wheelchair!"

It was true, he had made it unique. It had more padding on my left side and it had flag duct tape wrapped around the handles. He had written 'Rogers' on the back of it.

I leaned over and hugged him.

"Thank you," I say. "Only you would do that for me. Now can you help me to the bathroom?"

Jake raised an eyebrow. "God Calla-"

"Not like that!" I said. "I just need to go to the bathroom!"

Jake smirked and picked me up, oh yeah. Just screw the new wheelchair he made me, and set me down in the bathroom and closed the door.

After I was done he carried me back down to the couch.

"Now, what do you want for breakfast?" He asked me.

"Um..." I was thinking. "Just toast please," I said.

"You underestimate my ability's." Was all he said before disappearing into the kitchen.

Not even five minutes later, my Dad called.

"Hey, Dad," I said after picking up.

"Hey sweetie, how are you feeling?" He said.

"Good, how's Uncle Bucky?" I asked.

"Great- Oh I think he wants to talk to you." There was some rustling and then it cleared up.

"Hey Calla," A scratchy voice said.

"Hey Uncle Bucky," I said.

"So, I heard you got stabbed."

"Um yeah, it was-"

"Hydra, yeah I know." His voice cleared up. "How are you feeling?"

"Better, Jake's staying with me until I can go to school or at least walk on my own."