15

So Scarlet and Eva left the next day, leaving me alone in a dark house.

So I started on my essay of Mr. Fernandez's class.

On July Fourth, 1920, to Irish Immigrants, Steve Rogers was born.

No, that's not right. It's not good enough. So I erased it.

For most people on the fourth of July, they were celebrating their freedom. For Sarah Rogers, well she was giving birth.

Maybe. Maybe not. So I continued.

A scrawny blond-haired boy with bright blue eyes was born. The doctors said he wouldn't live. The baby proved them wrong. Sarah and Joseph Rogers named the baby boy Steven.

Yes, yes this is good.

Steve grew up with a drunk, abusive father who died in a fatal heart attack in 1926. His mother did double shifts and picked up extra laundry to support her son. Sadly, Sarah died when Steve was a teenager, leaving him an orphan.

Steve had a friend named James Buchanan Barnes since childhood. In fact, they are still friends today. Born in 1925, 'Bucky' lost both of his parents to an early age. His father died in an accident during basic training at Camp Leigh shortly before Christmas in 1937. He was separated from his younger sister Rebecca who went to boarding school while he persuaded the officials to let him stay at Camp Leigh. Bucky soon rose to the rank of a Sergeant.

Steve was destined to join the army, after seven different tries. He got in. They rejected him for his asthma and his skinny frame. While arguing with Bucky about trying again, Doctor Abraham Erskine overheard their conversation and assessed Steve's files. Steve was assigned to Camp Leigh in New Jersey where he was almost rejected for the super soldier serum. There he met Peggy Carter, 'a beautiful dame' or the love of his life. Steve showed acts of bravery and intelligence and they took him into the city. An old antique shop turned into a mad scientist lab. Howard Stark did all the dirty work. Injected with penicillin and serum, they expanded his cells. Stepping onto the platform, he was no longer scrawny Steve Rogers from Brooklyn. He was Captain America.

Sadly, shortly after the serum worked. A HYDRA agent was undercover. He shot Doctor Erskine and took the last tube of the serum. With his new body, Steve chased him out into the street and jumped from taxi to taxi to chase the murder down. The HYDRA agent threw an innocent kid into the water and jumped in his submarine. Steve cracked the submarine window and threw the agent upon the land. The man committed suicide and his last words were 'hail hydra'. After the country had seen him in action, he took up the most important job, a showgirl.

I yawned and decided to stop there. It wasn't due for a while anyway.

I picked up our home phone and called my Dad's cell phone. It rang three times before he picked up.

"Hey, Calla." He said.

"Hey Dad, how's Bucky?"

"Good, he's eating and talking. But he won't tell me why he did that."

I sighed. "Oh well, he'll come out sooner or later. I've started my essay on you and it's hard to keep writing Steve than Dad." I smiled.

My Dad laughed. "You've started your essay? You must be really bored!"

I laughed. "I am! Do you want me to bring you anything? You must be tired of eating out of vending machines." I asked.

"Yeah, can you bring me a sandwich or something?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'll be right there." I said and walked into the kitchen to make my Dad a sandwich.

I hung up and ran into the car with my shield on my back in case of an emergency.