"Jake Stark right?" Kia said.

Jake smirked. "Yup. Calla, your Dad is going to wonder where we are."

I nodded. "Right. Bye Kia. Maybe I'll see you again."

Kia leaned over to hug me. 

"Bye," she said.

Jake wheeled me out and down the hall when I stopped.

"Wait!" I called Kia's Mom. "I never caught your name."

She smiled. "Diana." She said. "Diana Evanstein." She said.

I smiled and Jake wheeled me back down the hall and up to my room where I saw my Dad waiting for us.

"Where have you two been?" He asked over his cup of coffee.

"Um, the garden and Kia Evanstein's room," I said as Jake helped me back into my bed.

"Who's Kiana Evanstein?" My Dad asked.

"This really nice girl who has Leukemia," I told him.

My Dad flipped open his newspaper. "Oh, is her Mom Diana Evanstein?"

"Yeah, why?" I asked and spotted the Nurse and a doctor coming this way.

"I met her in the cafeteria. Nice lady." My Dad said, his eyes on the newspaper.

Before I could say anything else, the doctor and the nurse came in.

"Hello, my name is Dr. Abraham Erskine-"

My Dad dropped his newspaper and his foam coffee cup.

"The third." The doctor finished, eyeing my Dad strangely.

His accent was German. He banged his forehead with his palms. "Oh wait, you're Captain America! You must've known my grandfather!"

My Dad nodded. "I didn't know he had a family."

"Back in Germany yes." Doctor Erskine pushed up his glasses. "He left us saying he would get us a better life. Turns out he got shot and I raised money to get our family out." He clapped his hands together. "So! I must sew up this wound, huh Nurse?"

The Nurse nodded and pulled out a shot.

"Numbing shot," she said.

Jake went on my good side and held my hand.

"It'll be okay," he whispered in my ear as she unwrapped all the wrapping, exposing the wound to the air of the room.

"Good news!" She said. "It's not bleeding anymore." She said.

Jake patted my arm. I winced as she stuck the numbing shot in it. I squeezed Jake's hand hard until the pain went away, he didn't even complain once. Doctor Erskine stepped in with his needle and thread and began sewing up the cut.

After half an hour, he stood up.

"Done!" He said and placed the bandages over it. "You can go home now." He placed the wheelchair at the side of my bed.

"Thank you." I breathed a sigh of relief.

The color slowly returned to my Dad's face.

"Thank you, your grandpa was a great man." He shook hands with him.

Jake lifted me out of bed and into the wheelchair.

"What about school?" I asked the nurse.

"Wheelchair," he said.

"Great," I hissed.

Jake began rolling me out the door with my Dad trailing behind.

"Jake, can you stay with me tonight?" I asked him in the car.

He squeezed my arm. "Always." He showed his purple fingers from where I had been squeezing them. "You have a hard grip."

I covered my mouth. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" I took his fingers and massaged them.

Jake laughed. "I bet you were in a lot more pain than me."

I patted my side. "It'll be all better now."

My Dad chuckled from the front seat. "Doctor Erskine is a good guy. They will be good."

I smiled. "Are you going to see Bucky tonight?" I asked him.

My Dad turned on his blinker. "Yeah, if Jake stays with you tonight."

Jake blushed but it was hard to tell when it was dark. "Yeah, I will."

"Good, I haven't seen him in a couple of days." My Dad turned into our driveway.

Jake jumped out and opened the door. He got out my wheelchair and lifted me into it.

My Dad opens the door for us, made sure I was on the couch with ice cream and then headed out.

"Bye Calla, bye Jake." He called on his way out the door.

"Bye Dad!"

"Bye Uncle Steve," Jake called. "So." He turned to me. "What movie do you want to watch?"

"The A-Team." I said. "It's in the bottom left box."

Jake sighed and dug through the movies. "Why do you guys have so many movies again?"

I took a bite of my ice cream. "Because when a man's frozen in time, he needs to learn about the outside world."

"And why may I ask to you have Molly shoots for the stars?" He holds up a battered American girl copy.

"Because I was eight and American girls were like the shit and stuff." I sigh. "She's patriotic okay!"

He holds up the movie he was looking for with a chuckle. "I found it."

He giggled and shoved it in the VCR and then came to snuggle with me.