★ | 001. washington

Book: The Imprint, Twilight
Chapter 1: Washington
Word Count: 1618

Book: The Imprint, TwilightChapter 1: WashingtonWord Count: 1618

Noah placed the last of his suitcases in the back of the taxi. Behind him stood a tall building. The place he used to live but never called home. He and his Dad had lived in the same apartment in New York City for most of his life. He couldn't remember the time where he didn't live in the big city since his dad, John, moved him there when he was so young after Noah's mother had passed away. He couldn't really remember her and it hurt. Not being able to of had some good memories with the woman who gave birth to him and the woman his Dad said loved him unconditionally.

He sighed when he felt arms encircle him from behind. His girlfriend, Clary, had become so clingy when she found out he was moving. He never told her, seeing as he didn't want to start a fight but he was actually glad he was moving. Getting away from the big city and moving to a small town in Washington. It was a reserve called La Push. John told him that that's where he grew up when he was a young boy. Noah was excited to be seeing the town his Dad had always raved on about. He turned around and faced the girl in his arms. He honestly didn't know why he hadnt't broken up with her earlier. He just wasn't as interested in her as he used to be. Call him a dick but he was glad that this move was breaking them up.

Of course, she had suggested a long distance relationship but he had shot that idea down quickly, saying he wanted her to be happy. Which was true, he did want her to find someone that felt the same way she did. She wouldn't have to look long, she was a very gorgeous girl. He rubbed her back comfortingly when he saw the teas in her eyes. "It's okay, don't be sad." He said, a little awkwardly.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." She cried wrapping her arms tighter around him and crying into his shoulder. He held in a sigh, wanting to comfort her the best he could.

"I'll miss you to." He loosened his arms around her and she pulled back a little. "We're still gonna be friends. We can text or call." He said, cheering her up. He wouldn't mind having her as a friend. She was a great girl.

"I know." She mumbled, wiping underneath her eyes to push away any tears. "It's just so hard to think that I'm never gonna be able to touch you again."

He nodded, pushing a stray, strand of her hair behind her ear. "We'll see each other again. Whether it be in five years or twenty. The world is surprising small."

She laughed, her eyes brightening. "You always did know how to make me feel better." She looked down, her cheeks slightly darkening. "I know we broke up already but before you go I just... one more kiss?"

His breath hitched. He didn't know what to do. Yeah, he didn't feel that way about her anymore but he didn't want to leave with her being upset at him. So, without overthinking it, he brought his hand up and cupped her cheek, bringing his lips down and meeting her. She had to lean up considering how much taller he was compared to her. The kiss didn't last long, it wasn't a peck but he made sure it didn't turn into making out. He pulled back and dropped his hand from her soft cheek. "I really am gonna miss you, Clare."