Chapter 11: Villains Have Hearts... Just Very Small Ones Made Of Stone.

Start from the beginning

"If you are here to bug me some more about your 'League of Villains', this really isn't a good time."

His head shot around as his tense expression relaxed.

"Well," He started. For a second I thought he was genuinely smiling, but then his face hardened and the same old tough look surfaced. "Since I saved your life, I think I'm owed some kind of reward."

I rolled my eyes, moving closer and taking a seat beside him. My feet dangled over the edge and I watched as the city very slowly came back to life.

"I knew it. I knew you had a different motive."

"Motive for what?" He asked, still staring at the horizon.

"Well, saving me, I guess."

The edge of his lip raised into a small smile but was again only very brief.

"Those guys ruined my plan. I was angry. It was my time to take advantage of the situation." He huffed, pausing before adding on, "And you're welcome by the way."

I stared at him for a moment.

"You are cold... and I mean on the inside. Someone seriously needs to get you a mug of hot cocoa to melt that cage around your non-existent heart."

He raised his eyebrows and stared back at me.

"I have a heart, thank you very much. Just a very small one... made of stone."

"Pfft. I'll believe that wh-"

"Guys!" Jazmine's voice broke the solitude and stillness around us. "You have to see this!"

She climbed up desperately, her hand extended out with her phone in it. As soon as she was close enough she pushed the phone in between us, something playing on the screen.

"The video." She started, out of breath. "The laptop those heist men used, everything was caught."

Both TerraStorm and I stared at the screen, eyes wide with worry.

The screen showed the laptop on its side as a figure dressed in red sent five men flying into the wall.

I held my breath, panic rising in my chest.

Shortly after I was hit, TerraStorm could be seen beating the life out of one of the men, violent streaks of blue racing around him.

It ended just as TerraStorm picked me up and started carrying me up the stairs.

When the video was over, all of us were in shock.

"This is viral?" I asked, more to confirm it myself than to question.

"Yeah, two million views in ten hours."

Two million?!

"I'm glad I was wearing my mask." I breathed out, still trying to take it in.

"I look badass." TerraStorm chuckled. "Maybe you'll join us now?"

"Not going to happen."

<><><><><><>

"This is bad. This is very, very bad." Seb mumbled, seemingly more impacted by the news than I was.

"So, can you take it down?"

He tilted his head to the side and thought for a moment, a doubtful look on his face.

"It's viral, Rose. I'm a hundred percent sure at least one person will have saved it."

I dropped onto one of the office chairs, before digging my head into my hands.

"I'm sure it will be okay." He sighed. "People get very suspicious when stuff like this comes out. I'm sure some all-knowing internet genius will try to prove it wrong and then people will become uninterested."

I rubbed my eyes. It was hard to fall asleep when any pin drop of sound made me think that every media and newspaper organization in the country was outside, ready to take me apart piece by piece.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" He questioned, reminding me that I had training with Ben.

If I was completely honest, Ben was the last person I wanted to see. If he knew about the video, I would be interrogated non-stop.

I thanked Seb and ran off, incredibly unprepared for the training session.

I jogged down the stairs, about to leave the academy when I saw two men dressed in dark, well-fitting suits walked through the entrance.

I didn't think anything of it until both of them pulled out their guns and pointed them straight at me.

<><><><><><>

A/N:

Dedicated to TinHoverCarInIce for all your support! You are the real slim shady 😎😎 check out her profile and AMAZING books (honestly love them!)
Thank you so much! ☺️

Anyway, I couldn't not leave this chapter on a cliffhanger, but I assure you the next chapter will be out soon!

Thank you to everyone who has voted, commented and/or just given me any support whatsoever. You guys are awesome and I really appreciate it.

So I will be dedicating more of my chapters to people because you guys really deserve it ☺️

Have a wonderful rest of your week and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Until next time!

~SkyHunterXoX