Chapter 52 - Sleeping with the Enemy.

Start from the beginning

"Oh, hoh...." Abel laughed. "You're gonna pay.."

"Shut up." Aunt Shay growled as she pointed the gun at his head.

"Or what?"

"I SAID SHUT UP!" Aunt Shay yelled, pointing it closer to him.

Abel looked up at her as blood started to drop from his upper arm.

"Fuck, you." Abel growled at her.

As Aunt Shay kept the gun pointed at him, Abel looked through the barrel, then looked at Aunt Shay.

"I raised those children like they're supposed to be raised, and that was taking them out of Schaefer." Abel growled at her. "Had those kids stayed here, they would've been hoodlum piece of shits, just like your youngest son."

"And how do I know that they aren't just average teenagers?"

"Aha. Aha! Average? My children are LESS than average! Kayson has already graduated at the age of 16, has his own job, apartment, wife, a baby girl, and knows how to farm. Lily and Iyana know to cook over 500 expert courses, fish, farm, dress, and has elegance out of this world." Abel smiled. "That's more than both of your children have achieved in their lifetime, including your little drunk, Noah."

Aunt Shay glanced down, backing away and lowering the gun.

"Wait until my children find out about you." Aunt Shay growled. "You'll regret this. All 11 years of it."

"Get out of my sight." Abel growled back at her.

"Or what?"

Abel smiled at her, clutching tightly onto his shoulder and dropping down onto his knees.

"HELP! HELP!" Abel screeched. "I've been shot! I've been shot! Help!"

Aunt Shay's eyes widened as she jumped out of the open window inside of the room that she came in. Abel stood up, glaring evily out of the window. Even though he raised the kids, he didn't know who he was messing with.

Isaiah changed, but he could easily resort back to his old self.

The next day, Kayson and the others decided to pitch in and make Aunt Shay breakfast. They were doing it to be nice, but they were also doing it because they wanted to make themselves feel more at home. Though the food wasn't "fresh out the farm", the food was a little better than the Coney Island they received. As for Isaiah, he winded up staying the night over Aunt Shay's while Tyler watched the kids.

That's right. Tyler was now 9 months clean and was cleared out by the rehabilitation center. Still, Isaiah didn't want to let her know that the children were alive. Not yet.

"Good morning." Iyana smiled as Isaiah stepped down the stairs.

"Hi Iyana." Isaiah smiled. "Hey guys."

"Hi." Everyone waved.

Though it was awkward, Isaiah still ate breakfast with the kids. He tasted some of his omelette, nodding his head and looking up at the kids.

"Wow. This is good." Isaiah grinned as he looked up at everyone. "Where'd y'all learn how to cook so well from?"

"Dad!" Iyana smiled.

"ABEL, Iyana." Lily growled, giving her a serious look.

Isaiah's face went blank as he continued to eat his food.

And from there, everyone ate in silence. Lily and Kayson ordered Iyana not to say too much since she was 11 with a big mouth. After eating for 20 minutes in awkward silence, Lily and Iyana grabbed everyone's plates like Abel coached them to do, took them inside of the kitchen, and started to wash dishes. Madilyn walked out of the bedroom with Madison, glancing sleepily at Kayson.