Not exactly the fragile type

Oh no. He's asking where I am from. He seems so nice that I would feel slightly guilty if I told a lie. But at the same time what could I say: oh hey, I'm a runaway from my parents who are trained assassins and I'm training to be one too. For some reason saying that in a hospital doesn't feel right.

"Ow." I pretend to groan and put my hand to my head, changing the subject. He seems to buy it.

"Aww, that must really hurt for someone like you." He says with a sympathetic smile.

"What do you mean, someone like me?" I question

"I don't know anything about you, but you look very young." He points out. Condescending me. Well I guess he has a point, I'm 17. I'm also quite skinny, but not fragile."You know, I'm impressed you actually survived." the thought is daunting, that I actually could've died. But I'm supposed to be dauntless.

"I think I surprised myself." I say because its true.

"I know you've had a climatic couple of days, but I want answers." this is the point I wished I hadn't woken up."First, who did this to you?"

"I was climbing a tree and I guess I fell." I lie, its the best excuse I could make. However it explains why i was in the forest and how i got the injury.

"Ok, have you got any one looking for you or any form of family?" he interrogates.

"No.. Erm.... I ran away from my family. I don't know where they are." I say, its kind of true, i mean i am on the run from my family.

"Oh, i see. I shouldn't have asked." he says with a slight look of disappointment.

"No, its ok." I reassure

"And what's your name?" He asks finally. I don't have to lie about this.

"Lisa." I answer."What might be your name?" my natural curiosity is gushing out of my lips.

"My name is Felix."

"What do you do, Felix?" I can not stop asking questions.

"I'm just a shop assistant, Sarah brings in most of the money. Shes a teacher." he says, oddly proud of himself. I hear the creak of the door opening. Then a gasp.

"Oh. My. God. You're awake." says the man from the door. He strides over with a clipboard in one hand and several coloured pens in the other. He's wearing thin, rectangular glasses and something along the lines of clean, turquoise pijamas, with more pens in the pockets. A doctors uniform.

"You are very strong, you know?" he says a bit too nicely. I just nod and smile."Now if you don't mind, I am going to ask you some questions" he says in the same tone. But before I can even open mu mouth, Felix interrupts.

"I've already asked her, Doc. Just ask me. She's in a lot of pain" it was as if he had taken a bullet for me because I feel even more in his debt.