Preface

When I began working on this on the 1st of September, I thought that this was just going to be a project that I would neglect and never finish after just a couple paragraphs. Two and a half months later, I'm nearly finished, and I honestly never thought I'd have taken it this far. Of course, I thought I would've finished a while ago, but course work at uni has been very demanding, and for those of you who know me a little more personally, I have some situations that prevent me from working on this more freely, such as spontaneously getting up at 2am during a storm. I always knew ever since elementary/primary school that I would write something substantial. I remember I wrote a book about SpongeBob and Patrick having a day of fun in the 1st Grade and letting my classmates read it. At age 9, I told everyone in my family that I was going to write a book, but never even got beyond 3 sentences. In the summer before 9th Grade, I remember scrolling through Nicki blogs (I had just started stanning for her online), reading posts about something called 'fanfics', seeing one about Nicki and Safaree's relationship and thinking "Wow, that's really weird and kinda lame." In the nearly 5 years I've been stanning Nicki (and 5 months I've been stanning Shawn), I never thought in a million years that I too would be writing a fan fiction.. And I can't say if I'll ever do something like this again. I just have so much love and admiration for these two immensely talented artists that I wanted to create a way to bring them together. I'd like to thank Paul, Kam, Hannah, Brandon, Shae, and my two most friends: Kim and Margarita for taking the time to read the first few drafts of this and offer their thoughts and input as I continued to write. Even if you guys didn't think you helped much, I promise you, you did more than you realise. I hope to leave you, the reader, feeling as emotionally impacted as I am at the conclusion of this fan fiction.

Yours truly,

Thomas (Tommy) E.C.