He looked at it and handed it back, "It's good," he said.

"Thanks."

"Mr. Grant! Are you passing notes?" Mr. Sandoval boomed.

"No sir," he answered.

"What is that piece of paper then?" he asked pointing to the picture in my hand.

"Notes?" he said it more like a question than a statement.

However, Mr. Sandoval bought it without a question, "Alright then."

He continued on with the lesson until the bell rung. I felt really bad about getting the guy  next to me in trouble so I walked up to him.

"Sorry about almost getting you in trouble," I said sincerely.

"It's okay, I'm Grant," he introduced himself.

"Grant? So your name is Grant Grant?" I asked, remembering what the teacher said his surname was in class.

He laughed at that, "No, my name is Isaac Grant, but everyone just calls me Grant."

"Oh, well sorry again Isaac," I apologized again.

"It's Grant," he argued.

"Okay, Isaac," I said, mostly just to be annoying.

"Fine, bye Payton," he finally relented.

I walked away to my next class, but he followed me.

"Are you following me?" I asked, confused.

He chuckled, "No, this happens to be the way to my class too."

"Oh, which class are you going to?"

"English with Mrs. Young."

"No way!"

"What do you have that class too?"

I  nodded, "Yep!"

He laughed again, "You're funny," he declared.

"Thanks," I replied.

 "I know what it's like to be the new kid it's hard," Isaac said.

"Were you new here?"

"Yeah, I only came here like last month."

"No way! Where from?" I was excited that I wasn't the only new kid at Filmore. Granted, no one hated Isaac like they hated me, but still.

"Arizona."

I whistled, "That's far."

"I know."

"Well welcome to America!"

"I came here last month, and Arizona is in America," he told me.

"I know, it's just fun to say," I smiled at him.

"Well welcome to America to you too!"

We both laughed at that.

It turns out that Isaac was in most of my classes and that he was pretty cool. I might actually have my first friend here. Since he came here last month he didn't really care about the whole Filmore vs. Woodmont thing yet, which was a bonus for me. At lunch time he said he would introduce me to his friends.

"Hey guys, this is Payton. Payton this is Chris and Zack." Chris and Zack were both jock types, well built and muscular. However, you could tell that they weren't the brainless kind. They were smart and didn't wear their jerseys everywhere. Chris had a pair of thick rimmed glasses, they didn't make him look nerdy though. Instead they contrasted with his boyish looks and made him look cute. Zack had dark hair and wore dark clothes. The first thing I thought was that he was an emo, but I didn't like to judge too quickly.