"Hm, you have Mr. Chapman, watch out he's a hard grader. Mrs. Eastman is easy, but likes to give out pop quizzes. Most of all, Mr. Sandoval is a stickler for being on time, never be tardy to his class."

"Great," I said sarcastically. "Can I have my schedule back now?"

He faked a hurt look, "Hey, i'm just trying to help."

I scoffed, knowing better than to trust the enemy, "I need to head to class," I said, grabbing back my paper.

He laughed at me as I walked away from him, "See you there!"

I spun around, "What?"

"We have first period together, lucky you," he said with a grin on his face.

My eyes narrowed, "What other classes do we have together?"

"Well, it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, would it?"

"Whatever," I mumbled as I walked away. The bell rung signaling that I was late. Today was not my day.

I checked my schedule and head to my first period, Mr. Sandoval.

True to his word, Joel was right. Mr. Sandoval is completely anal about being late.

When I walked in the room he glared at me. "Who are you?"

I blinked, "I'm Payton." The whole class snickered, as if my answer were hilarious. That just made the teacher even more mad.

"Okay, but why are you here?"

"To learn?"

"I don't have time for you smart answers!" he snapped. Smart answers? It's true! I am Payton and I was here to learn.

"Uh, okay?"

"Are you new?" he asked more calmly.

"Yes," I answered. I mean duh! 'No i'm not new, you just haven't noticed me for half the year' I thought sarcastically.

"Well I don't allow tardiness in my class."

Someone caught my eye in the corner of the classroom. It was Joel mouthing 'I told you so'

How did he get here so fast?

"Well sorry," I muttered, aware that I didn't sound sorry at all.

"Sit down so I can continue my lesson," he ordered.

I scanned the room for a place to sit. There was an empty seat next to Joel, no way in hell. There was a seat right in between two cheerleaders that were chewing gum obnoxiously, nope. That left a seat by the window next to a boy discreetly listening to his ipod.

I took my seat next to him as Mr. Sandoval continued his lesson on some war.

I followed suite of my seat mate and took out my own ipod. I hid my ear buds behind my long hair and took out my notebook. I looked around and most people were taking notes. I started taking notes too, but then realized that I had already learnt this a few weeks ago.

I sighed and started doodling. I had always liked to draw, I wasn't an artist or anything, but it was a hobby of mine. I drew the boy sitting next to me. He had messy brown hair, and dark brown eyes. He was well built, like a football player, but instead of a football jacket he wore a blue t-shirt.

I drew him exactly as he was, a bored expression on his face, ear buds in, his head resting on his hand.

"Is that me?" he hissed.

I looked at him, and noticed he was peering at me paper. Crap, he probably thought I was a psycho who drew pictures of unsuspecting victims.

I nodded and pushed the paper to him.