9. July: Run, Hide, Shoot and Hide

I'm glad that so many of you like this story :D And this is the biggest chapter yet!

I don't own Fairy Tail or any of its characters.

_____________________________________________

~Say It Again~

Chapter 9

July: Run, Hide, Shoot, and Hide

_____________________________________________

"And never in my whole life..."

_____________________________________________

"Wake up man!"

I smiled as Natsu pulled the blankets that covered my still sleeping boyfriend.

"Come on! You weren't this hard to wake up back in NDA!" He took a pillow and used it to hit Gray.

A grunt came from Gray, and I looked at the two, seeing Natsu on the ground, face on the floor with Gray sitting on top of him, pulling one of Natsu's arms and holding it against his back.

"I give up! I give up!" Natsu yelled.

"Hn." Gray got up and turned to look at me. "It's four in the morning, what could you two possibly want?"

"First, get dressed," I told him, smiling. "You'll find out soon."

"Fine..." He walked towards the bathroom to get changed.

Natsu stared at me. "How do you make him do that?!"

"Do what?"

"Do what you tell him without putting up a fight?!"

"I'm his girlfriend, duh," I said with a grin, and then turned to the bathroom door. "So, does he really sleep in only his pants?"

Natsu laughed. "It's a habit he can't get rid of, since in NDA, we never know when we're called." He shrugged. "But I would have at least thought he'd wear a shirt."

"Not that I'm complaining," I said, giggling.

"Figures..." Natsu muttered. "Though I admit, out of all the guys I've seen without a shirt, Gray has the best abs." He sighed and shook his head. "He still won't tell me his secret..."

"Have you tried spying?"

"Yeah, he does about a hundred push ups and crunches..."

"...I can barely do twenty..."

"Lucy," Natsu looked at me. "We're trained in NDA..."

"Right..."

"And trust me, a hundred seems like bliss already, sometimes, our commanding officers would make us do about a hundred and fifty or more."

"How the hell could you guys survive that?!"

Natsu grinned. "Gray and I usually throw a bet in to get some motivation."

"I see..." I smiled a bit. "So, if you've spied on him, why not do the same?"

"It's not working for me, I mean, he has something else, something else that does the trick."

"Popsicles...?" I guessed with a shrug.

"Maybe so..." Natsu mumbled in deep thought.

We both looked at the bathroom where Gray emerged from, dressed in a black shirt and dark blue jeans. "Mind telling me what this is all about now..?" He asked sleepily, yawning.