2.December: Under the Mistletoe

I do not own fairy tail.

~Say It Again~

Chapter 2

December: Under the Mistletoe

"And now there's a voice inside my heart that's got me wondering."

The winter air in the morning was relaxing, at the same time, chilly. Yet despite that cold feeling I seem to be having, I also feel the warmth coming, since it's the month of Christmas, and it's getting closer. Just five more days left, and I'm proud to say that I've done all of my Christmas shopping!

...Except for one more person.

"Ah, what am I going to get him?" I murmured to myself, walking from store to store inside the mall as I tried to search for the perfect gift.

It's been about a month since I met Gray, and we've been good friends since then. Yet he doesn't smile, still. He always smirks, and I wait for the day that I would see him smile or laugh.

"I give up," I said, sighing, and proceeded to the exit of the mall.

Last month, I asked Gray what his job was, now that he's no longer a soldier. He said he was still looking, yet it wasn't really that necessary, since he still has a lot of money saved up for another year due to his salary when he was still a soldier. According to him, he only spends when needed, and does not buy anything that he won't gain and benefit from. Despite being an ex-soldier, he sure still acts like one most of the time.

I asked if he wanted a job, and he said that doing something would be good, since he's getting bored staying at home. So after our conversation, Gray started working at Mira's flower shop on day three after we met. Of course, with Mira being Mira, she always managed to find a way to get me to replace her when Mrs. Strauss would leave her in-charge. It was tiring, since it was just Gray and I working in the flower shop. And ever since the Next Axe Model has started working, there have been an increase in female customers, both young and old.

A crowded flower shop that small was the last place I'd like to work in, especially if it's full of girls who ignore your services due to the Cutie who was available.

Ah, yes, I've started calling Gray the nicknames that Mira has given him. Of course, only when he's not around. The last thing I want to do is to embarrass myself in front of him.

"Lucy?"

I froze. That did not just sound like Mr. Rawr.

"Didn't think I'd meet you here..."

Yes. It was him alright.

"Oh, hi!" I greeted. "Merry Christmas!" I was about to leave, but Mira called my name, causing Gray and I to turn to her, seeing her with Freed. "Mira!" I smiled. "Hey Freed!"

"Do you realize where you two are standing?" Freed asked.

I noticed Mira's grin, and when I looked at the ground and saw nothing, I turned back to raise a brow at them, only to have my eyes widen when she pointed something above my head. I turned, seeing Gray eyeing the mistletoe that hovered over us, and my face turned a deep shade of red for that.

"Wow, didn't see that," Gray said, staring at the innocent looking piece of ornament – for me, it was annoying.

I sighed and turned my head away from him while Mira and Freed watched in amusement.

"Do you mind?"

I looked up at Gray when he asked, seeing his head lowered to look at me, his eyes questioning, asking for permission. Damn, he was perfect in his own way, and I really, really wished I met him before Dan.