8. June: Falling in Deep

Okay...here you go...

I don't own Fairy Tail or any of its characters.

_____________________________________________

~Say It Again~

Chapter 8

June: Falling in Deep

_____________________________________________

"And it feels like it's the first time..."

_____________________________________________

"It's so confusing..." I whisper to myself, opening my eyes and sitting up on my bed after I recalled the last time Gray and I...communicated.

I wanted to yell, but I can't seem to bring myself to do so.

"You're..." he began, his lips getting closer, causing me to shut my eyes, only to open them again when I felt his breath against my ear. "...annoying."

"H-huh?"

He pulled away from me, but his bangs hid his eyes, so I wasn't able to see how he looked right now, especially since he turned his back to me to pick up the box of popsicles that fell.

"Gray...?"

He ignored me, and just placed the box down on the table, afterwards, stepped outside the kitchen, silent as always, and I felt my knees give in, and I fell to the floor, eyes half-closing as I replayed what just happened.

Why did he do that? Why was he acting this way? Why did he call me annoying? What did I do wrong? Should I have given in? Did he expect me to? Did he take our joke seriously? Did he actually think I wanted to do it with him?

"Oh God..." I closed my eyes and pulled my legs up against my chest. "God please..." I hung my head, refusing to cry over a silly matter. "Please no..." I murmured repeatedly. "Don't let him take it the wrong way...please..."

Thing is, what was I talking about? Did I mean that I didn't want him to think that I wanted to do it, or did I want him not to think how I don't want to do it with him? Actually, do I even want to do it, or not?

"I'm confusing myself..."

We didn't even fight, Gray just suddenly stopped talking to me, even at work; except for the occasional greetings of 'good morning' or 'I'm leaving' or 'I need this for a customer' and other general things. In short, we only talked if needed, but he still took me home after work, so I guess he's not as angry as I thought he was, and I didn't want to assume things just like that either. He still comes over for dinner whenever my parents ask me to invite him, and he acts normal around me when mom and dad are present, or even when we go on a group date, which Mira or Cana always insists. He still plays the part of being the "perfect" boyfriend, as I've dubbed him, whenever we're out with the others, but we've never had a date when it's just the two of us for weeks.

And I miss him...

...Does he miss me too?

_____________________________________________

Natsu yawned, loudly at that, and I tried my best to not listen on what he and Gray were talking about.

"If you're so bored, leave and do something."

"Don't be such a jerk, you jerk! I'm keeping you entertained." I glanced at them to see Natsu smell the flowers that Gray was busy watering. "I still don't get why you put up with this job, no offense Mira!" he immediately added, in case my best friend would suddenly beat him up. "And Gray, do you really need to have two jobs at once?"