3

Somehow, you had agreed to visit Sans's apartment, to work on the project. He sat draped across his couch, typing something; while you awkwardly sat on the the edge of his desk chair, a blank screen greeting you.

    "I like what you've done so far." He said suddenly, turning to grin at you. "During the sign up phase, it makes suggestions based on your age, gender, sign, and more."

    Bashful at the compliment, you turned away, mumbling a quick thanks.

    "Why are you so shy?" He walked over, and put his hand on your shoulder. You stiffened.

    "I don't know, I wasn't at my old school." You smiled, remembering. "Something switched when I came here. People were less friendly, less willing to joke and chat."

    "I'll be your friend." He smiled.

    "I'd like that." You turned around, facing him.

    "So, what did you and your old friends do?" He flopped on the couch again.

    "We exchanged friendship bracelets and talked about boys." You said jokingly, a grin on your face.

   "Sounds exciting." He laughed.

    "Very."

"Anyways, angel~ Let's get back to work."

"Alright." You agreed, turning back to your laptop. "Maybe, since fake profiles are a problem on many dating applications, we could add a time limit before you could chat...?"

"That's a good idea." He pulled out a notepad, and wrote it down. "Also, we could make an auto-moderator, moderating chatrooms. You never know what kind of people might use this."

"Sure."

***
You wrote down a couple notes for history, and fell back in your chair, rubbing your eyes. The project was keeping you up later than you had been expecting.

    Before long, the bell rung, and a stampede ran out of the class, leaving just three people, excluding yourself. One kept her head down, and was wiping her face.

    Being mostly a nobody in your school also had some benefits. If nobody cared about you, nobody could hurt you either. Most people were different indifferent, some went out of there way to make everyone unhappy, and some were nice, but distant.

    Don't make yourself a target, don't get involved.

    That was mostly your motto, keeping you out of trouble. The only problem was this;

Other people.

While being friends with people was fine, if that friend decided to get themselves into trouble, it would directly affect you. Was this overthinking of, though?

Gathering your school supplies, you walked out into the hallways, heading to the lockers. You shoved all your stuff messily inside, looking around.

For a moment, you were confused as to what your were looking for. But then, it hit you; You we're looking for Sans.

What had gotten into you? Just a couple days of knowing this guy had left you searching for him in the hallways. You wouldn't admit it to yourself, but you were disappointed that he hadn't showed up.

You checked your phone, quickly tapping on your favourite fan fiction website. One update. You'd read it at home.

"What's that, angel?" You dropped your phone.

"Holy-" You shrieked, before realizing what had just happened.

"I didn't mean to scare you, are you alright?" Sans looked at you in concern. "Here, let me-"

    He reaches down and picked up your phone, passing it to you. You stood mutely, embarrassed. A couple people were staring at you.

    "Uh, I overreacted, sorry." You said in a small voice.

    "No need." He smiled. "I should have crept up on you like that." In an unspoken agreement, the two of you started walking to the exit of your school, talking about innocuous things.

    "Do you want to come over to my house? You asked suddenly. He looked at you. "I mean, you know, to work on the project?"

    He laughed slightly, and nodded. "Anything to hang out with you, Angel."

    You bit your lip, suppressing a smile.