Epilogue - 6 years later

Brie's POV:

I went to the Memorial Cemetery and visited Ned. Even after years have passed, I will never forget him. He was everything to me. I brought flowers and put it on his grave. I lit a candle and said a silent prayer. I asked God I wanted him to listen to me as I say these words;

“Hi Ned. How’s heaven right now? I’m sure you’re really happy right now since Jesus is right there with you. You know? I really, really miss you. I read the notes you wrote in your notebook while you were at the hospital.” I started crying. “I’m sorry for my misunderstandings during the times we fought. I know you only wanted me to be happy and didn’t tell me about your sickness so that I won’t be in pain. Did you know I read all the letters you gave me when we were together all over again? I miss the times when you were there with me always. For how many years, I prayed and prayed that you would come back. But I know it will never happen. Ned, I just want you to be happy now. I will never forget you and our memories. I just wish I could have spent more time with you when you were alive. I’m sorry for everything. You know, my life turned out great these years. I got a great job, family and friends. Thanks to your never-ending guidance, I was able to find love again. I want you to be happy, okay? I know you’re listening, Please, please never leave me and please never forget me.”

I wiped my tears.

“Mommy! Mommy! Look, a caught a butterfly.”

I turned around and saw my child running towards me with a butterfly.

“Wow, baby. That’s nice.” I replied.

I held my child’s hand and looked at Ned’s grave.

“Ned, meet my child, Ned. I named him after you so that I will know that you’re always beside me.” I said. “You know? My Ned’s just like you. He always tells me that he loves me, he wants me to be happy and that he won’t leave me, just like what you always tell me when we were together before.”

I stood up. “Goodbye Ned. I’ll come back.”

I turned around and headed for our car.