1- "I'm home, dear husbando."

Mulai dari awal

Even Ahana. She was doing well as she answered questions put up by Ma while also talking to Pops. She even dressed up modestly in a multicolored salwar suit. The rest of the afternoon went fairly well, except for a few awkward moments when either Siddharth or Pops would tease us. Like when he asked us stupid questions about our first meeting and dates. Pops even pestered Ahana to call him 'Papa' once. Ma would too, join the banter sometimes. Despite the mocking, I was grateful to have invited her over.

My family stayed the weekend and left for Chandigarh on Monday. Since I was due for work tomorrow, I spend the rest of the day, home, lying on bed and watching Netflix non- stop while waiting for Ahana to come back from work.

I moved my lazy ass from bed as soon as I heard the sound of the doorbell. I didn't even look at myself in the mirror as I rushed towards the door at the sound of the bell. My breath caught slightly as I took in the sight of Ahana in an office avatar. She had her hair pinned to a single ponytail, her lips chapped in bright red and wore a blue navy jacket outside a white shirt with black hot pants.

Before I could offer a compliment, she pulled me for a one smouldering kiss right outside the apartment. She ran her tongue across her upper lip and smiled in the most genuine way. “I'm home, dear husbando.”

“Welcome back, dear wifey,” I teased her back and closed the door behind her. She turned to me while I leaned my back against the door, staring at her dreamily.

I can seriously get used to this.

She walked over me, circling her arms around my neck and placed a chastised kiss on my lips. “Did my family cater to your entertainment enough, Ma'am?” I asked her in a gentlemanly way.

She ruffled my head playfully and smiled. “Of course! I like your family except Siddharth didn't talk to me much. I'm sure you must have put a leash on him. Do you know what he said when he saw me yesterday?” she said, moving away and stood in a rigid guy like posture to enact him. “Motherfucker! You are the same, old item from Toronto. Either he's good in bed or he listens to all your rants. Or worse, you two had a child in secret. He he he!”

“That bastard said that,” I said in disbelief. Just where did he get that boldness from? Even I wouldn't have dared to say it in case he had a girlfriend. I shook my head in dismay. “He's just a child who doesn't understand love. Let him grow. He's bound to find his item sometime.”

She chuckled, “It would be cute to see him getting whipped by a girl though. Maybe he'll find her in college, just like us.” 

“We'll see. For the time being, he's enjoying fooling around so I wouldn't be sure. Anyways, enough about him getting whipped. I'm in a mood to get whipped by you,” I said, kissing her neck and ran my hands inside her shirt.

I heard her laugh vibrate from her chest but then she slightly pushed me away. “I need to feed my stomach first. Pussy comes second.”

Her words, though not necessarily rude, stung me. Again. I ignored that rejection and smiled instead. I slumped down in my sofa and switched on the TV with my remote. “Actually I've just ordered pizza sometime ago. It will be here anytime soon.”

“Pizza,” she named, her eyes flashing at the mention of it. While pizza was our favorite food but it wasn't just that. It held a special place in our hearts, reliving us of our delicious time spent, in working part time for Dominos together. It was one memory we wouldn't mind reliving it again and again.

It was 9 am when she decided to leave. I propped my arm behind my head, watching her dress up. “Can't you stay the night? We should celebrate.”

She gathered her hair in one hand and tied a rubber band around it. “Tell me, do I look like I've come from office or do I look like I've been fucked out of my wits?” she asked to which I laughed and assured that she looked fine. She heaved a sigh. “I can't stay back. Probably I'll never be able to stay back. Thanks to your clever Pops.”