Chapter 2: New Manager

Magsimula sa umpisa

It was the opponent's ball now, but just as they were counter-attacking, she saw him again. The blue-haired player that isn't marked. He intercepted their pass again, no, more like he stole the ball right out of the player's hands. He dribbled back to his team's hoop. He's slow, he's dribbling is amateur stuff, she thought, frowning. He's a regular right?

Just then, he stopped and was about to shoot. She leaned over the railing, confused, trying to get a better look. What is that form? He shot the ball, and for a moment, she lost sight of the ball, before it reappeared in the hoop. He scored?!

She continued to observe the game. The tall red head, Kagami-senpai, is really strong and he can really jump. He's on par with the Generation of Miracles...

She watched the whole game in awe. It was soon over, with Seirin winning, as expected. No one noticed that she was there, since she made a point to choose a spot at the corner where the light was the dimmest.

She watched them continue practicing, doing drills, and practicing their own plays, as well as combos. Though they were high levelled, and their basics were good, she sensed that there was something missing to the whole team, though they don't know it yet.

She watched each of their forms, and noted every time one of their forms was off, even if it was by a few millimetres. But even so, with all the people there, her attention was drawn to that one particular blue-haired player. She had not seen him around at all. By now, she would have already recognised all the faces of everybody in the school. But, until now, she's never really seen him, though she would admit that he looked kind of familiar.

She watched as he played. He has really little presence actually, she thought. No wonder nobody marked him during the game. But the effectiveness probably drops after a while.

Just then, his blue eyes looked up and caught hers.

*****

Ever since the practice match, Kuroko felt as if they were being watch. She was standing up there, at the corner, watching them play. Nobody else had noticed her, but he could feel her observant eyes sweeping around the court, sucking in every single piece of information she could find.

He let this go on for a while as he continued training. He wondered if the coach knew that there was someone watching them. He found her strangely familiar, but then again, she was wearing the school uniform, so he had probably seen her around the school sometimes.

When she wasn't looking at him, he observed her. She was muttering some stuff as she watched the practice. Somehow, before someone does a minor mistake, she seemed to know that it would happen before it even does. He could tell that because every time she would bite her lips before moving her fingers to countdown from three.

After a while, he finally decided to reveal her presence. He looked at her, directly into her eyes. They stared at each other for a few moments, each not looking away from the other.

Until Kagami finally noticed that Kuroko was just standing there, staring up at something. "Kuroko, what are you looking at?" he yelled from the other side of the court.

Everyone stopped, and looked at Kuroko. They looked up at where he was looking at, and saw a red haired girl standing on the second level.

"Hikaru-san!" Iwazaki, Daichika, and Katatsu exclaimed, recognising the red haired immediately.

"Hi? I was wondering when you guys would finally notice me," she laughed. "Looks like phantom man was the first to do so." Kuroko stared at her blankly.

"Who are you?" Koganei asked.

"I'm Hikaru Ayari. Nice to meet you all," she smiled.

"So, you decided to join the team yet?" Hyuuga asked. Riko stood next to him, smiling at her.