•03•

Chris shot up off the couch and ran to the door. It opened it and squealed like a girl, causing Mia and Jennifer to laugh. He pulled Jennifer into a hug and buried his face in her neck.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too Chris."

"What about me?" Mia asked and Chris chuckled then pulled away.

He picked her up and kissed her cheek.

"I missed you the most, but don't tell your mommy that." He whispered in her ear and she giggled then hugged him.

Jennifer handed him a card and Mia gave him a card made out of construction paper.

"For me? Oh you shouldn't have." Jennifer rolled her eyes.

"Dork."

She walked into the house and took off her sweater then collapsed on the couch. Chris shut the door and carried Mia to the kitchen table.

He grabbed the card and read the front.

"Happy Birthday To The 90 Year Old Virg- Really Jenny? Why did you have her write this?"

"I was on the phone and mentioned it to James. She was easedropoing then when I got off the phone she asked what it meant."

"So she knows what it means?"

"Yup, it means that you don't believe in Unicorns." Mia said and Jennifer started laughing. Chris chuckled and sighed.

"Yup, sure does..." He opened the card. "Happy Birfday Chris. You're one of my besfrienz and I hope you a great Birfday. Love Mia." He smiled and gave her a hug.

"Where's Dodger?" Mia asked.

"He's in the backyard." Mia wiggled out of his grasp and ran to the back door. She slid it opened and Dodger jumped on her.

She giggled as he licked her face.

"Where's Roxy?"

"Oh shit!" Jennifer shot up off the couch and ran out the house.

She went to the car and saw Roxy was staring at her. The window were half way down so her dog could breathe. She opened the door and the dog jumped out.

"I'm sorry baby." Roxy ran inside the house and Jennifer closed the door and followed her.

"You left her in the car?" Chris asked. "Sometimes I wonder how you made it 6 years with Mia."

Jennifer rolled her eyes and laughed.

Dodger and Roxy ran to one another and started liking eachother's faces.

Chris picked up the tennis ball and threw it out the back door. And they followed, Including Mia. He shut the door but didn't lock it, then went and sat on the couch next to Jennifer.

She put her head on his lap and closed her eyes.

"Are you Okay?" Chris asked and Jennifer sighed.