Blanket Forts

-Christina's POV-

Since Kris decided to stay over I wanted to have a little fun. We've had sleepovers before but I wanted this time to be different. He can be a little uptight and needed a childish thing to remind him that baseball is still about having fun. My house is pretty empty since a lot of shit in here was Mikes and he took it all with him, but I liked all the space.

I hear the tv from the living room blast as I continue working on my project. I find a stereo and softly played music as I worked until I was finally finished. I turned my bedroom into a giant fort. Bedsheets hung from the ceiling to the floor, from the floor to the dresser, from my dresser to the closet, from the closet to the window, white sheets were everywhere. Once I was satisfied with my work I run down the hall and jump on top of Kris as he laid on the couch.

"Hey there mysterious lady" he laughs and I climb off him.

"Are you ready for the best. night. ever" I ask excitedly.

"Any night with you is the best night ever" he replies, sometimes I forget how smooth he is.

"You're cute. Now come on" I say pulling him off the couch and down the hall. I open the door and maneuver my way to the bed where I plop down and Kris soon follows.

"Holy shit, this is awesome" he says looking around.

"I used to do this all the time with my brother and sister, we would spend hours making forts and we would just talk to each other about anything. It was kinda sacred but I wanted you to experience how great this is" I say dreamily

. Life used to be so simple. No unrealistic expectations or false hope, no real responsibilities. I miss being a kid sometimes. "What do you miss most from your childhood" he asks as if he's reading my mind.

"I miss cheering. Never was a fan of the outfits or crazy hair and makeup, but I loved the feeling of flipping around or flying through the air. I miss being a part of a team, in high school you never got paid. We all did sports because we loved the sport, not because we were getting paid to.

What about you, what do you miss from your childhood" I wonder.

"I miss the little leagues, my dad was always the coach and would be harder on me than any of the other kids, but it drove me. Every day after practice I would come home and my mom would have food out for us and homemade lemonade. I would just be covered in dirt and my mom would look at me like I was crazy. But honestly this team feels like little league, we don't care about how much money we make, we just want to look good and have fun doing it" he says and I nod.

"Can I ask you something, you don't have to answer if you don't want to" he informs. This was leading up to a really really bad situation but I wanted to trust him, for the sake of our relationship.

"Of course" I say sounding a lot more sure than I felt.

"Are you still scared that I'm going to turn out like Mike" he asks and I feel my heart drop.

I didn't want him thinking like that at all. Mike never was a 'good guy' per-say, if I wasn't so blind I would have seen all that coming. But I have never thought of Kris hurting me or getting tired of me. I mean... I did at first, but that's before I got to know the real Kris, the one I now know would never hurt me in any way.

"Kris, I need you to know that what I had with Mike, it's over. I was young and stupid and just wanted someone to care for me. Once I got to know you I was never scared that you would up and leave me, I was scared I was going to drive you away. I thought that maybe it was me that made him like that and I was going to turn you into that type of guy too. I thought he left me because of something I did, but now I know that he wasn't who I thought he was. I thought of him as the man I wanted him to be, not the man he really was. He decided he wanted to be abusive and hurtful, that divorce was a blessing in disguise, I should have never married him. But they say when you lose something it just means you're being redirected to something better, and that's you Kris. I know you would never lay a hand on me, and if you do I'll tell J-Hey and he'll beat your ass" I joke and he laughs along. "But seriously, I can't compare what I have with you to what I had with him because they won't match up. You're a great guy, you've shown me things that I've forgotten over the years, you make me feel like my past doesn't matter anymore because my future is that much brighter, but it's a lot brighter because you're in it" I say with a smile.

"So if I were to purpose right now what would you say" he asks and I freeze. What would I say? I can't make the same mistake twice, but Kris is different. Then again so was Mike back in high school. At the same time I can actually see a future with Kris, one where we're both happy, together.

"I would say yes" I answer and I see his smile shine brightly.

"That's good to know" he says and I nod.

"It is, isn't it" I smile.

The fort soon turned into a fair with ice cream and cookies and popcorn everywhere while Kris and I messed around. We end up wrestling and I'm pretty sure he was letting me win. I straddle him and place myself just below his chest so he couldn't flip me over.

"Tap out" I yell as I pin his arms above his head.

"Why are should so strong, that's not natural" he cries out trying to free himself from under me.

"Kyle and I used to do this all the time" I laugh and he lets out a sigh.

"Fine, you win" he says tiredly and I let go satisfied.

Before I could get off he flips me over and hovers closely on top of me with a arm on each side of my head. He brushes the hair off my face and I shiver at his touch. He leans down to kiss me and I wrap my legs around his waist until he sits me up. Before I knew it my shirt comes flying off and his shirt disappears too. We continue kissing until he stops to catch his breath. I run my hands up and down his bare arms while his hands run across my back, leaving goosebumps wherever he touched.

I'm laid back onto my back while he leaves traces of kisses on my bare skin and I shut my eyes. I tangle my fingers in his hair as he tugs at my pants and I slide them off easily.

"Are you sure" he asks looking into my eyes and I nod.

With that he took care of the rest and that night I was able to fall asleep easier than ever knowing that I was with the man I love.