Like Mike

-Christina's POV-

I sit in my room as I pull on one of Kris' sweatshirts I stole last time I was in his and Anthony's hotel room. It's smelled like him and it made me calm. As soon as Kris gets here I was going to Skype Mike because if I didn't today I probably never would.

There was a quiet knock on my door and it opens to reveal Kris. He looked great as always and I immediately felt better. I spring off my bed to give him a hug and wanted so bad to never let go.

Eventually I do and find myself lost in his eyes. "You have no idea how much this means to me" I whisper.

"I could say the same thing" he smiles. I feel a blush form but advert it so I could pull up skype on my laptop and just hover my mouse over his name.

"You can do this, you're your own person now. I believe in you" he says and I nod. I can do this.

The picture on the other side comes into focus and I see Mike just like I remembered him. He looked to be in a dark room but still looked good, his curly brown hair flowing out a backwards baseball cap and a black v neck on showing of his muscles. He wasn't making this easy.

"Hey, you look... hot" he says and I cringe. I hated when people told me that.

"Um, thanks. You look pretty well yourself" I say quietly.

"You want some answers, don't you" he asks and I hang my head. I can't do this. I look up to Kris as he hold up his pinky and I find some courage somewhere inside myself.

"Why did you leave me" I ask and he lets out a sigh.

"I thought I wasn't happy. Well, I wasn't happy but it wasn't anything you did. I felt tied down and wanted to do more, but not with you specifically. When I got kicked out and you were still doing so good in school I got jealous. You held your own and I was going nowhere. But after I left you I was still faced with the same problems as I was before but this time I had no one to come home to. I loved blaming you for everything but it was never your fault. I miss you Crissy, I was selfish to let you go. I know I fucked up bad and I would love a second chance" he begs. I look into his eyes and I don't see the same guy I fell in love with, I see the one who got selfish and used me.

"I love you Mike, well I love the old you. But nothing tells me you're going to change. You abused me. You left me and gave no shits to whether I was going to be okay or not. I know you've been sleeping around and that's not something I'm interested in coming back to. My happiness matters too, you know? I gave you my all and you decided it wasn't good enough" I defend. He had hurt me beyond measure, I couldn't let myself do that again.

"It's different this time. Please baby, come home" he begs.

"You are not my home. The day you shoved those papers down my throat, you were no longer my home. I lost myself in the idea of you and I'm not making that mistake again. I'm not some love struck teenager anymore" I say starting to get upset. He made feel so small, I hated it. Love no longer blinded me, I see him for the jerk he is and I wasn't having it.

"There's another guy, isn't there" he says quietly and it sends a chill down me. I freeze because he was always protective over me. Was there another guy? I've known Kris for like few weeks, I would barley call that a friendship let alone a relationship. "There is another guy" he insists and I let out a scoff.

"You know what, there is another guy. But he hasn't tried to get in my pants or degraded me once since I met him, he makes me feel real. Like I matter, while all you did was make me feel empty. The way he looks at me, it's nothing like I've ever felt before, but I'm afraid to let him close to me because you broke me. And most importantly he's willing to help pick the pieces you left, even though he doesn't have to" I defend.