Chapter 19 : Confused.

Aj's POV :

"Dad what's wrong ?" I asked him while he was literally frozen.
"I don't know the smell.. It's familiar." He replied.
"Who cleaned the house dad ? I mean it's so neat ?" I asked.
"Mary came over to do laundry maybe she cleaned the house as well." He said. I shrugged it off and went to the kitchen.

There was a envelope on the island with a dish of me and my dad's favorite lasagna. No way Maru could've known that. We barely even know her.

"Dad you have to see this." I shouted.
"What is it ?" He asked.
"A letter and beef lasagna." I said looking at his face change completely. It was as if he remembered something. He instantly tore the envelope and read the letter.

"No this can't be happening. No." A tear rolled down his cheek. He left everything and walked off the lounge area. What's happening.

I picked up the letter and started reading it.

Hi BadBoy,
I know you're mad at me and I'm sorry. I did it just to give my Jeanette Jr. a great life. Henry I love you and I know that I have a lot of explaining to do. And I will someday. Until next time. I love you so much and take care of my princess. Bye.
Love,
Mermaid.

Who is this? Is it who I am thinking it is?

"Dad is it .. is it mom ? The real one ?" I asked barely getting the words out.
"It is" and that was it.
He broke down. I knew he was hopeless assuming that the love of your life is dead.

"But how ?" I asked.
"I don't know darling I don't know. The doctors said that she couldn't make it. I didn't even know what the sickness was. I didn't have a funeral because I didn't want to believe in the fact that she was .. dead. But right now I'm confused. It's definitely her who wrote the letter. She is the only one who calls me BadBoy. If she's not dead where is she?" He asked wiping his tears away.

"Dad could it be Mary who helped mom do this ?" I asked getting my phone to call her.
"I don't know." My dad clearly wasn't thinking straight so I went ahead and called Mary.

"Hello Mary this is me April. Did someone come to our house while you were there doing laundry?"
"No April. After I was done with the laundry I went straight home. It was raining cats and dogs too at that time and not even the mail man came." She answered.
"Alright thank you Mary." I ended the call.

"Nope wasn't her." I said
"Dad did mom know the configuration of the alarm?" I asked.

"Well I never changed the configuration code it has always been your birthday and yes Ariel knew it." He muttered.
"Which means she figured it out and got in." I spoke and picked up my phone to call Hunter.

"Done." Hunter said getting up.
"Press play for me Aj." He said.

It was working and I was nervous and confused of what's happening. My hands were shaking so bad I couldn't hold the controller in my hand. I fast forward the tapes till where I saw a woman enter the house. She was petite, short blonde hair. She removed her coat and hanged it. We couldn't see her properly but dad said that it was definitely her. I couldn't believe my eyes. My mom the real one was here. She wasn't dead. A thought of happiness and anger rushed through me.

Hunter squeezed my hand and hugged me. I was trying so hard to keep my tears in but failed. We couldn't see her face in any of the tapes. We can't do anything until she keeps another note or something. We got to wait.

"Bye butterfly. Take care call me if you need anything." Hunter stole a quick kiss and left. There's so much going on. Tomorrow is the big night. The biggest race I'm gonna be in. Can this situation get any more tougher ?

Like it ? Well I wanted this to have a twist and here it goes. 💯 Just 5 to 6 more chapters to go and I'll be done with this book. Sigh 😪 the feels 😏 Keep reading love you all xx 💕
-Oneli 💙

Ms.Streetracer or Ms.Innocent ?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara