Chapter 2: Enlightenment

Same rules for speech, thought and flashback.

Ruby's P.O.V.
Standing up was painful it felt like I was being stabbed hundreds of times by pins. As I reached the foot of my bed the pain in my legs was overshadowed by a new pain, heart break because there leaning against my bed was Penny's sword.
It's distinctive green glow was no longer there, the openings where it would glow are dark and lifeless. I picked it up and because I felt so week it felt so heavy. Taking deep breaths so I didn't burst into tears again I walked to my door and opened it, walking across to yang's door I open it. She was just led there I could see the stump, all that was left of her arm. It broke my heart to see her like that, she was covered in cuts and scratches from the fight, as uncle Qrow said she was out cold.
As I walked down stairs Zwei ran up to greet me, it made me happy that Zwei was still there for me. "hay boy good to see you're ok" *Bark* was all I got in response. After giving Zwei a quick pet I walk into the kitchen, the slate tiles on the floor felt cold under my bare feet.
The smell of recently baked cookies greeted my nose, and gave me the warm fuzzy feeling inside that it always does. Dad and uncle Qrow were sat around the table looking serious.
Sitting down at the table I took.a sip of my tea and nibbled on the edge of a cookie, when I had left my room my stomach was aching with hunger, now that I had eaten something I felt like I couldn't keep it down. Putting the cookie back on the plate I said "umm uncle Qrow" I asked some what carefully.
"Yea kid" he replied
"could you make a sheath for this sword" I gestured to Penny's sword.
"if you plan on using it sure back or hip?" he still hadn't looked up from his cup. It was at this point I had start to get mad, "you know uncle Qrow as you have told me many times, its rude to not look at someone when talking to them."
At this point I was getting mad and I wanted them to know it, "don't you speak to your uncle like that young lady!"
"well I'm sorry but if somebody would answer any of my questions I'll gladly be more polite." I snap.
"Tie it's ok she does have a point, listen my little rose, read the notebook I left upstairs after you know everything in that I'd gladly answer your questions." with that uncle Qrow got up picked up the sword and walked out of the house.
I finished my cup of tea as quickly as I could and rushed to the door, before I got there dad said "Ruby don't judge us too harshly we were very different people and it was a tuff time." I didn't understand what he ment so I went upstairs.
When I got to my room I jumped onto my bed and picked up the notebook, it was covered in old brown leather and the pages had yellowed with age. On the cover small and In the right corner were the words 'property of S. Rose' embossed in silver. Opening it an envelope fell out I recognised Qrow's scrawl of it 'do not read till after'. I gathered that I was to read it after reading the notebook.

1st of December
Well hear we are on Patch. I must say it's a lot different to my parents home in Mantel, its a lot warmer and there's a lovely climate for me to start a garden. Me, Tie, Raven, Yang and Qrow now own a home, and it's in a lovely area. It's a bit of a fixer-upper but hay that's half the fun House STRQ is open for business.

Suddenly I realised what the notebook was, it was my mum's diary I wondered what was in there that they couldn't just tell me.

And that's another chapter, please tell me what you think I like knowing my readers opinions. Sorry about how long it's took exams are officially the worst.

But as always thanks for reading and until next time have fun.