The Date

Paris' POV

The night after the show we all made sure we had our bags packed and we were ready for our flight. Our next stop was New York and everyone was in their cars driving towards the airport. I was in the passenger seat listening to my music while Lucas was driving and Ryder, Nash and Hayes were in the back. Ryder had her PSP and Nash was playing bloody knuckles with Hayes - whom of course was losing.

Once we arrived at the airport, it was a pretty basic routine.

Car. Bags. Fans. Plane.

When we got on the plane, everyone was together in first class while watching movies or playing video games or listening to music. Maybe about 10 minutes into the flight Matthew came over and sat next to me.

"Hey," he said quietly and I replied the same. "Listen, I was gonna ask you while we were still in DC but I kept forgetting and then the show started and everyone one was busy and then when the show ended everyone was running around like wild animals and then we had to go in separate cars and when we got to the airport I forgot and - will you go on a date with me?"

It took me a moment to realize he stopped talking and he looked at me in worry although I couldn't tell if it was because I remained silent or if it was because my face looked bewildered.

"Uhh, " I paused and watched him gulp down almost as if he was preparing for rejection. "Yes."

In my mind it came out as more of a question rather than an answer but he seemed pleased with it as his shoulders relaxed and he let out a long breath I didn't know he was holding.

"Great! I'll go tell Taylor you said yes," he got up and turned around but stopped abruptly. "I mean- I'll uh go plan .. where ... we're gonna go...? Yeah! That's what I meant."

He laughed nervously and began walking fast whilst muttering to himself words I couldn't understand.

••••

We arrived in New York around the time that the sun was already setting. Our hotel wasn't far from the airport so we all decided to go shopping around Town Square before we had to check in. 

Ryder, Nash, Hayes and Cameron wen't to Game Stop while Matt, Taylor, the Jacks, and I went to some clothing shop on the second floor. I was looking through the racks for a dress to wear on my date with Matthew when Taylor came up behind me and slapped me on the back, scaring me and causing me to yelp.

"I heard you and Matt and going out tonight?" He smiled at me and rested his body on the rack right on top of the dress I was trying to look at. I pushed him out of the way almost causing him to fall down and continued looking through different sequenced and glittering dresses.

"Yes we are," I responded. "Although I don't see how or why it would concern you, of all people." He laughed loudly, some what comically which caused practically everyone in the store to look at us.

"He's my best friend, Pari. Why wouldn't I be concerned about the puppies he drags behind him." I felt my cheeks warm up after he said that and I couldn't have felt more embarrassed and disrespected. So, turned my self in his direction and slapped him as hard as I could.

"Don't ever speak to me like that, first of all." He looked at me shockingly. "Do not call me 'Pari' and don't ever assume I'm just following Matthew around for the fame or the money or anything in between. I like Matthew a lot and I always have and I don't intend on losing something - someone I've wanted to care for and spend time with for as long as I can remember. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go try this dress on."