Magcon

HI SORRY ITS BEEN LIKE 9273829482 YEARS SINCE I LAST UPDATED THIS BOOK BUT HERE YA GO :-) @ninathenacho

• • •

Paris' POV

5 minutes .

There was only 5 minutes left until our first show. Ryder was still upstairs sleeping and recovering. Matthew, Carter, the Jacks, and everyone else was getting ready for the show to start. The crowd was cheering loudly and i could feel the vibrations coming through the ground as they started clapping.

Mahogany was up on the stage now and everybody was going crazy. She started playing remixes of popular songs and some of the boys went up on stage and started dancing. I peeked over the curtain and saw Matt twerking, or at least, trying to twerk. I laughed to myself and felt a little bit of relief wash through my body.

Just have fun and pretend no one's watching.

A couple minutes passed and I realized me and Shawn were up next. I wrapped my hand around my mic to keep myself from dropping it. I let out a shaky breath and tried to look as brave as possible.

Sure, Ryder and I have done plenty of small shows for parties and weddings, but this was different. There were at least 300 people out there. I think Shawn noticed how nervous I was because he took my free hand and held it tightly.

"It's gonna be okay. I've got you." He whispered. And then it happened. He pulled me up on the stage and over to our chairs. The fans went wild. The lights were blinding. All I could hear was my own breath. I don't know how much time passed , or how long it took for my eyes to adjust , but soon enough I heard strumming.

I looked over at Shawn and saw that he was already looking at me. I held on tightly to my microphone and took a deep breath.

"Little do you know," I spoke softly, afraid that my voice would be a little too shaky or a little too loud. But, the only response I got was cheering and applause. So.. I kept going.

"How I'm breaking while you fall asleep," and it happened. Before I knew it, it was over. The song, the show, the day. It was over as quick as ripping off a bandaid.

That night, I didn't get back to my hotel room until 2 in the morning. Ryder left a few hours before to go to her own room and Matthew was already in the shower. I was so tired from helping with the equipment that I didnt bother taking off my makeup or my hair or changing my clothes. I got in my bed, and fell asleep.

********
The next morning, I woke up to the loud sound of buzzing on my nightstand. It took me a couple of seconds to find my phone, and once I did, I answered it without checking the caller ID.

"Do you have. Any. Fucking. Idea. What time it is?" I heard Lilly yell through the phone. I had to move it away from my ear for a split second before I could let it fall back on my face.

"Um, seven AM?" I guessed.

"Three! It is three in the fucking afternoon!" I jolted up from my bed and looked at the clock on top of the TV. It read exactly 3:08 PM.

"And do you know what time your flight is? Or should I saw was!" I dropped the phone onto the bed and thew all my clothes into my suitcase.
I was still wearing the clothes from last nights' show and I still had on the make up that was caked on my face. Except now, it was completely smudged everywhere.

"Twelve! That's when your flight was! You are three. Fucking. Hours. Late, Paris!" I could hear Lilly's voice through the phone, even though it wasn't on speaker. "The fucking show starts at seven tonight, Paris. If you're not here by six, you can kiss this tour good-fucking-bye." And all I could hear was the dial tone.

I froze in my spot for a short minute replaying her words in my hear. I had 3 hours to be in a completely different state, ready to preform.

*****

"What's the quickest way to get to the airport from here?" I slammed my hand on the counter causing the lady at her desk to jump.

"Um, I'd suggest a cab, but the traffic can be pretty bad often times so it might take at least an hour or two to get there."

"Fuck!" I started pacing around the lobby pulling at my tangled hair out of stress until I finally decided I was waisting too much time. I let out a loud groan and walked back up to the counter.

"Get me the fastest cab you can reach, ASAP."

The ride to the airport only took about an hour and a half. The airport was busy as hell and I looked like a cheap prostitute.

"How soon is your next flight to Washington, DC?" The lady sitting at her computer started at me for a couple seconds before typing something on her keyboard.

"It looks like one just boarded about 10 minutes ago." She flashed a fake smile and continued talking to her friend.

"How much do I have to pay for a ticket on that plane?" She turned around and kissed her teeth at me.

"I don't think you heard me, sweetheart. The flight already boarded. Ten. Minutes. Ago." I let out a scream and dropped my backpack. Pulling out my wallet, I threw about 5 $100 bills at her.

"Five-hundred dollars, please! I need to be on that plane before it flies out."

"You don't underst-"

"A thousand!" I threw another wad of hundreds at her. "Please. I need to get on that plane." The lady let out a deep breath and printed out a ticket. I jumped over the desk and hugged her tightly.

"Thank you so much!" I grabbed all my belongings and ran to the gate. As soon as I got there, they allowed me on the plane and I sat in the closest seat to the door, which was all the way in the back.

As I was turning off my phone, the screen read 4:37 PM. I had about an hour and a half to get to the venue. The seatbelt sign started glowing and I buckled myself in. I heard the captain clear his throat in the microphone.

"Excuse me, everyone." He said. "I'm truly sorry to inform you, but there seems to be a delay in our flight."