3

5 years ago

Ring ring

"Handyman speaking? Oh Monroe what a pleasure to be speaking to you. What can I do for you today?"

"Honestly Worick enough with the formalities! I was seeing if you boys would be free for a couple of days. I have a family friend who is coming into town for business and they are needing some escorts"

"Escorts? You say? You know I may be alittle too wild for these uptight broads"

"Not that time of escorts, son." - Monroe laughs "it's for the Lamár family. Hugo and his fiancé Avery, they need someone to watch over her while he is out with me. I trust you two to get this job of course"

"A babysitting job you say? Sounds...mighty boring but maybe I'll throw Nicolas your way"

—————

"Good morning darling!" - Worick greets

"What do you want" - Granny Joel grumbles standing by her store front

"Wha?! Can't a man just support the local businesses" - he retorts lighting a cigarette

"Tch. Where's Nicolas?" - Granny asks crossing her arms

"Still shy." - Worick answers before waving behind the older lady. "Don't worry your pretty little head! My dear Ava-chan. He'll come around one way or another"

"Save your pick up lines Romeo she's not here"

"Wha?! Where did she go?!"

————————————

"This is a pain in the ass" - Nico grumbles

Which only earns a laugh from Monroe as he pats Nicolas on the shoulder.

"I know it's not the usual job but the lords pay handsomely. They are from outside the main district lines" - Monroe explains as they waited at his large estate. "Oh I think that's them pulling in right now"

A large black car pulls up and a man with short blond hair comes out to greet Monroe while Nicolas stands in the back.

He was never the social type.

"Nicolas my boy. Please come. I want you to meet my dear friends" - Monroe nudges over "this is Hugo and his wife.."

Nicolas's eyes peered upward to hers

"Avery"

————————————

"Hi!....I know this seems so unorthodox..."

Nicolas paused for a moment not knowing how to answer.

Maybe i caught him by surprise.

It was still early at the Benriya house. Worick wasn't here stating he was going to go to Granny Joel's house to check if everything was fine

And here I was

Checking up on Nicolas.

Those same eyes that he had grown accustomed to have now looked at him with such foreignness.

I let out a sigh realizing how weird this situation may have been for him.

"I wanted to stop by and apologize for yesterday. My doctor told me sometimes I can be too forward with trying to figure things out." - I started " I want to say is..."

I stopped not knowing how to end this conversation.

It was quite strange actually. Those brown eyes peered at me digging a way to my soul.

Like i know him.

I know this man.

I....loved...

"I..I'll just leave you alone now"

——————————

"I'm so sorry" - she cried into his lap

His head wrapped in bandages and an arm tied to his body to refrain from more injury.

"Stop." - Nico voices

"It's my fault. All of this is my fault."

Nicolas placing his free hand down to the lady's cheek letting the warm tears run to his arms. How he wished to take the pain away, all the things that complicated her life.

"Not...yours.." - he mumbles "mine"

This was punishment for his perversion.

The very idea of Noble blood and a twilight.

The others would never allow it and so they would drill it into Nicolas's head. To remind him of his status.

He may walk and look like a human but he was not human.

Lower than an animal.

And yet, Nicolas looked at the lady of Lamár house, even when her hair wasn't done up and her usual poised nature, replaced with the mess in front of him

His feelings still didn't wavier

"It's ok" - he spoke clasping one of her small hands "if..you here...it's ok"

He had vowed that day. As long as she was by his side.

Never giving up on him....

Even if he had to walk through hell, as long as hell was where she would be. He would go.

Never giving up on her..

—————————————

"Ok." - Nicolas answered me

"Huh?"

He places his fist in his other palm with one of his thumbs forward.

The sign word for

"Help"