Chapter 2

I turned on the light to see my roommate sitting on the couch. I screamed.

     "Gosh, Liz, you almost gave me a heart attack!" I said holding a hand to my chest that was moving up and down.

     She chuckled. "Sorry, Bridget, I didn't mean to scare you."

     "You're fine." I said walking over to the fridge and grabbing myself some water. I thought about how Christmas was approaching soon. I needed to get people presents before it was too late. I sat down on the couch next to Liz with my water bottle. "So, what are you getting me for Christmas?" I said like a little kid.

     "Let's see. It's this thing called 'I'm not telling you!'" She said before we both broke out into laughter. Liz grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. The first thing that popped up was the news. "Boring!" She yelled just before switching through the channels. She switched off the television after searching through bunches of channels. "Ugh! Nothing is ever good on television anymore."

     "Maybe it's a sign!" I said sarcastically.

     "What do you mean a sign?"

     "A sign that we should find a good book." I saw a flash of lightning. I heard a loud bang of thunder about ten seconds later, and the lights went out.

     "That would be a brilliant idea, if we had a light to read in." She said.

     "Don't worry! We can use candles."

     "How can we find candles if it's pitch black?!"

     "We'll just go to sleep then?"

     "On the hardwood floor?"

     "No, Silly, on the couch."

     She scoffed. "I knew that."

     "Sure you did!" I mumbled right as there was another clash of thunder. We grabbed some blankets off the couch and fell asleep.

★Thanks so much you guys for the feedback. It really means a lot to me that you're taking time to tell me my mistakes. I love that! I always like to know what needs to be fixed. Some people won't tell you, but I thank you guys (especially @RedBird13) for telling me. It means so much to me.★