Chapter 1

Bridget's P.O.V.

     I had a date that night. I had just been asked out for the first time in three years. I was pretty excited. I was wearing my special outfit I'd been saving for months. My boyfriend's name was Timmy, and he was picking me up at six. He was 21, and I was 20. We met in preschool when he accidentally spilled paint all over me. He apologized, but I wasn't going to let him off that easily. I'd been holding that grudge for 17 long years. I don't know why it took me so long to forgive him. Some people have a hard time letting go of grudges; I guess I'm one of those people. Anyway I finally decided to forgive him two weeks before. He had asked me out the day before. I accepted trying to hold back the butterflies. I'd secretly had a crush on him all that time. That was why I gave him such a hard time, and because I really was mad at him for what he did to me back in preschool. The moment he spilled that paint, I knew I liked him, but I also knew I hated him at the same time. The mixed emotions really confused me as a three-year old. I forgot about him until he came back into my life a couple of weeks ago, and we became friends.

     I heard a knock on my door interrupting me from my thoughts. It was Timmy.

~In the Car~

     "So, where would you like to go?" Timmy asked me.

     "I don't know." I said. "Perhaps a buffet?"

     "Yeah, sounds great!" He replied back smiling. "Which buffet?"

     I thought about it for a second. "How about that new Chinese place?"

     "All right." He said. "Chinese it is." He said exaggerating, pointing ahead. I laughed at his silliness.

     Once we reached the buffet, Timmy took my hand and helped me out of his car. We walked in together hand in hand. We got our food then sat back down chatting and laughing the night away. Once it was midnight, Timmy drove me back home. "Thank you for the wonderful night, Timmy." I said getting out of his car.

     "What time should I pick you up tomorrow?" He asked me.

     "Sometime in the afternoon." I said.

     "All right. See you tomorrow." He said smiling.

     "Yeah. Bye!" I said waving closing his door. It was cold, so I rushed inside to my heated apartment. The door was unlocked. I didn't leave it that way. I was so sure I had locked it before I left. Maybe I'd forgotten. To be cautious, I opened it and slowly walked into the room. I turned on the light. I saw somebody sitting on my couch, and I let out a scream.

★A/N Hey, guys! Hope you're liking it so far. Sorry if it's short. Anyway, vote, comment, and let me know what you guys think. Thanks for reading!★