Short Story #1: The Ties

Endless ties of ribbon sway in the breeze like unused steamers at a party. They swing, sad and somber, the colors faded away from endless uses and pulls. She laughs to herself. It reminds her of a faded rug her great-grandmother had in the den, it's lushness being home to many steps and dances across it, the picture slowly fading away as its uses go up and up and up like stairs to a place she never wants to go again. The place that she can't go again. Those creaky steps that cannot be stepped on again with a snap or click. Those same creaky steps that have not been the same since she left. She wonders if he's still there. If he's still sweeping the dusty corners of the room, and killing mice that he found unnecessary like he promised to. Like he said that he would when she left. She takes a deep breath and pulls one. One, that must have looked as bright as the warm sun, but now, is drained of its color, and it looks like a dull crayon that her sister always threw away; Not because of it's effectiveness to fill in the nonsense, but because of its shade. The boring hue that was abandoned by her because she deemed it necessary. There is a quick thunk and she is on her way back. Air rushes and fumbles past her as she drops. Drops. Drops. Until something stops her. Nothing more and nothing less than the quick grab of one of her companions. She takes one look at them, looking at their smiling face and quickly realizing; She has to come home. Not because she wants to, but because she feels the need to. Feeling dread that he is still there. Sweeping. And killing. She has to go back. Or no-one else will get out.  

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

Ok! That was my first story, please let me know what you thought in the comments, and if you loved it, give it a vote, and hey, if you want to be notified when I update next, add it to that library of yours! Please don't be a silent reader! "Let thou voice be heard"~ Shakespear Probably. That's all for tonight!